NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi Guys n Gals

edys129

Hey everyone. My name is Ed and I am a yellow belly from the Sleaford area of SUNNY Lincolnshire!

I am a Laboratory Technician and love anything science related.

Also I have a fairly big interest in cars, taking them to bits, making them better and modding them too.

Complete novice to astronomy but I do know quite a few constellations and I can properly find the north star lol. I have finally decided to discover more about astronomy and am very excited in owning my first telescope but don't know were to start (as usual).

Ed :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ed and a warm welcome to the forum. :D

A good scout around the beginner's 'help and advice' along with the equipment sections would be good places to start. Questions such as what are you interesting in looking at (Refractor v Reflector) will you need to travel to a dark site (mobility/size) and of course budget (aperture). Not an easy task balancing those together but there are some great people here with plenty of experience who can help guide you into making the right choice for you.

Wishing you clear skies for your decisions.

James :)

Archived