Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello!

ajg

Hello everybody!

I was pointed in the direction of this forum by a Facebook friend.

I've rediscovered skywatching again over the last few years, and been through a fair bit of kit, some good, some ... not so good (need to do proper research before putting money down - burned hand teaches best & all ...)

I'm currently with a 16" Lightbridge.

- Andrew

Hello and welcome to the SGL Forum Andrew.

With a 16" LB, I'm surprised you left astronomy.:D.

Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy the company here, and re inject some enthusiasm for what is a great way to spend most of your spare time.

Ron.

Hi Andrew,

A big welcome from me too to this great forum. As my signature at the bottom of this page confirms, I haven't bought any kit so far because I have spent quite some time researching the options be it equipment write ups, feed back, recommendations and best of all, getting out there and actually having a look through some of this kit myself. I'm sorry to hear that you've had some disappointing experiences in the past, but the aperture on your current scope I'm sure will keep you going as well as all the good company on here.

Welcome aboard and wishing you clear skies. :D

James

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@barkis,

I've only had the LB for about a year. My first scope was a no-name alt-az refractor my dad bought me when I was a kid (how many of us started there ... ?). Was rusted to hell when I dug it out of the shed ...teen years later. Only fit for the bin unfortunately. I then picked up something that most people would swear blind was an older model Vixen 6" newt. White OTA with lime green hammered finish on the mount & rings. Wasn't a vixen though. Must've been some weird clone. Wanted to add an RA drive to it, but couldn't get any parts to match. Got rid of that for a Seben 8". Spherical. I will say no more about that disaster. Then I picked up the LB 2nd hand, but in as-new condition. Only one complaint - it weighs a ton!

@James,

IMO you're doing the right thing taking in as much information as you can. Astronomy is a pastime where an uninformed decision can lead to so much disappointment. I was just blumming-minded enough to persevere! :D

Archived