Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pick up and play scope

OXO

Here as a pic of my pick up and play scope, handy for those quick peeks when it's partly cloudy... :lol: Had the scope a while back borrowed it Grant to get him started and Grant kindly let me have it back now he's got a scope :grin:

Also thinking of using this as a guidescope for the 5" frac or even the ED80 Mmmmmmm......

image.jpg

James

Ps:Razer's don't come with the scope :wink:

Ps:Razer's don't come with the scope

At least you took your underpants off the washing line before you took the pic :shock:

Nice get out and go scope that one.

I'm on the lookout for a little Mak something that can go on a camera tripod and live in my locker at work.

Twas an excellent scope that James, saw my first views of Saturn through it.

Ah thats just Cool that Grant, iam glad you enjoy the scope :lol:

At least you took your underpants off the washing line before you took the pic

Fig Leafs are in the dryer :grin:

I'm on the lookout for a little Mak something that can go on a camera tripod and live in my locker at work.

There are a few 70mm knocking about on ebay that look perfect for the Job, not sure but Telescope Service in Germany may have them could be worth checking out Greg :wink:

James

Hehe Far from an Apo i do like the look of the Z66 from william Optics now thats something else :grin:, if it's clear this evening i may take this little scope onto the playing fields round the corner from me, there you get 360* views :wink:

James :lol:

Nowt wrong with those 70mm f/10 scopes, i had one myself as a guide scope when i was messing with autoguiding on the CG5. The yoke is a nice simple design too but you can't balance the scope easily though as the scope is bolted to the mount.

I too quite like the little ZS66's and am looking at the clones (see thread) however the ZS66's have come down in cost recently which makes them a nice buy. Still expensive for such a small aperture though, but very very portable

Nowt wrong with those 70mm f/10 scopes, i had one myself as a guide scope when i was messing with autoguiding on the CG5. The yoke is a nice simple design too but you can't balance the scope easily though as the scope is bolted to the mount.

Never tried Guided work before so it may be worth it?

I think its a case of hanging in there!!... the small APO market is starting to get a little heavy at the top!!. Bargin days will be January me thinks!.

:wink:

And theres the Meade triplet to come yet. This time next year you'll be able to pick up an ED80 for ~£150 secondhand.

You may have taken the undies off the line before the pic but it also looks like you then beat the CARP out of a sofa and left the corpse for all to see. Poor thing. What did it do wrong? Corkin little GnG tho. Have fun.

:wink::grin::lol: Funny u should say that i did kick the cra* out of a sofa yesterday :lol: no really, my parents recived a new one and asked me to errr break it up. No bodies were harm during the kicking process of said sofa :lol: :nono: :lol:

And theres the Meade triplet to come yet. This time next year you'll be able to pick up an ED80 for ~£150 secondhand.

Meade Triplets geez were spoilt our days aint we :shock:

Roll on the 10" Dobsonian (hurry up Steve!!) :wink:

Hang in there Grant,

The scope is at Gregs (he has a much better sky than I do so most of my observing is done from there).

I will be visiting him sometime over the next few days - I will box it up and send it then.

:grin:

Archived