Some Pics from Dalby

Gordon G

Finally managed to get some pics of my camera and have a play,

Milky way shot 175sec 1600asa. There is loads of noise and i am not to impressed with the performane of the camera at 1600, will definitely stick with using it at 800asa. Camera piggbacked on my lx200

M31 130secs again at 1600asa again very noisy, this is the first time i went for m31. Taken through 80mm Megrez

Snapped between the clouds.

Dalby, nice site to observe from also had the chance to play with a 24"dob and the views were :shock:

Cheers

Gordon

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers guys, i did get a lot of info running a 1600asa but got a lot of noise as well, played with them in cs2 and using noels' tools. There is even more detail in there (esp the M31 ) but i find when playing with levels, too much noise comes out as well for the piccy to remain "reasonably nice"

The skies at dalby were very nice, two light domes from whitby and Scarborough but quite nice straight overhead with very little LP.

Cheers

Gordon

Wonderful image of M31 you managed to capture Gordon well done indeed :wink:

Had a play with the Image in PS this entailed changing the Levels RGB and removing some noise with Gauss blur and Despeckle then playing with The highlights/Shadows option...

I did'nt want to process it too much mind :laugh:

I LOVE that milky way shot!

I was looking at my attempt last night, yours is 175 seconds(350D) mine was 132 seconds (300D), yours is a million miles better than mine!

I would post mine up but seeing yours I don;t think I'll bother!

Keep 'em coming they are stunning, both of them!

Ant

Archived