Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106 close up

MartinB

Another from Les Granges. This was shot over 2 nights. Had a few problems with breeze and frost on the corrector plate early on but otherwise things went very nicely.

Scope: 10" LX 200ACF with AP 0.67 reducer (actually F8 F/l 1980mm at the spacing used)

Camera QSI 532 with integrated off axis guider

Lum 15x15mins

RGB 12 x 140secs for R+G and 210 secs for B (lost a few due to aforementioned frost)

The dark skies make a world of difference with LRGB!

post-12794-133877434777_thumb.jpg

Missed this one great dust resol'n around core, bit too much col noise but nothing a bit of processing tlc can't cure but the detail is all there - one of my favourite galaxies.

John.

M106 is another of my favourites Martin, and you have got in very close here, lovely!

I think the Hi Dynamic Range wavelet tool in Pixinsight would work very well on those dust details, if you like, send the luminance tiff over and i'll run the tool on it, see what you think.

M106 is the lead actor in a sea of other galaxies in the background, it really should have a proper name!

I will bring my data to Lucksall so hopefully we can have a look at Pixinsight there. I have held back on the dust details somewhat since it is easy to make them stand out too much but if Hi Dynamic Range can do a subtle job I would like to know about it!

Archived