NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEW Tal 125R Apolar APO Refractor

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by Space Beagle viewpost.gif

By the way, did any Tal 100RS's turn up?

Yes, they are now in the UK and available to order :)

If so, do they have the crayford focusers fitted?

Yes :)

We will update our website's Tal 100RS telescope page with a photo of the new Crayford focuser soon.

Best get saving and formulating a 'sneak it in the house without being noticed' plan!:hello2:

Doc

The big sturdy new focuser for this 5" apolar model looks especially yummy. Many heids could be stoved in with it, methinks............

I'd sell body parts, to see this at Kielder in a few months !!

Great news that the new batch of 100RS's have been confirmed with the new excellent crayford !! Makes the best 4" F10 frac even better(IMO). Still a great price at £250 and very tempting, if only I wasn't trying to downsize my collection of stuff.....sigh.

Cheers,

Andy.

Yes its different - in that close up you can see it clearly. The end bit with the drawtube looks like its been machined up the same though. I notice the fixing screws also seem to have two small set screws either side on the 125 Apo. No idea what they would be for.

Heres the 100RS Crayford for comparison. The knurled ring to the right of the pic and in froint of the tube itself is a rotation lock.

post-14805-13387747124_thumb.jpg

I've just mailed FLO to ask if they can get hold of the Tal 125R achromat, it is still in production I believe. Having owned one, it is like a 100RS on steroids, and a little longer than the apo, being F8.9 rather than F7.5 (which I prefer)...if it was available for around £600-£700 it would be a perfect mid point scope between the 100RS and the new 125 Apo...

The one below was mine, and I sold it:eek:...the brass focuser knobs were bespoke and I think really added to the look of the scope..

post-16698-133877471951_thumb.jpg

post-16698-133877471959_thumb.jpg

post-16698-133877471965_thumb.jpg

post-16698-133877471968_thumb.jpg

post-16698-133877471976_thumb.jpg

Andy, fess up - is that the back end of the new 125 APO ?

The 1st pic on this page? Yes, it is.

And no, it's not mine.

WHY AM I SO POOR at the mo.......:)

Andy.

ps: I think the 6" apolar production is back up and running again, after getting cut by the plant a few months back. Probably a few years before that's out tho.

F15 - you fool - you never should have sold that. :) Had I known you were going to I would have jumped in and bought it and you could have had the 100RS back - DOH !!!

These days I have decoded never to sell the 100RS because I just know I'd end up regretting it.

You're right AB...I contacted the buyer to see if he'd like to sell it back to me...guess what he said:p:mad::)...

But I do have first refusal if he does...

I saw another one for sale at the same time I sold mine....it's only the second 125R I've ever seen in the UK. It was minus it's wooden case and cost £75 more than I charged for mine..and it sold within 3-4 weeks!

Some people never learn....do I???:)

Just a quick question on the listing of the 100RS and the 125Apolar.

I noticed that the 125Apolar is quoted as coming with a 1.25" diagonal and the 100RS doesn't.

If I remember correctly, the 100RS always used to come with the adjustable Tal diagonal included and the 125Apolar was (at least from the factory), supplied without diagonal? Has the listing been mixed up? Not a complaint, just wondering.

Cheers,

Andy.

You're right AB...I contacted the buyer to see if he'd like to sell it back to me...guess what he said:p:mad::)...

But I do have first refusal if he does...

I saw another one for sale at the same time I sold mine....it's only the second 125R I've ever seen in the UK. It was minus it's wooden case and cost £75 more than I charged for mine..and it sold within 3-4 weeks!

Some people never learn....do I???:)

F15 - I've sold a few things over the years, that I've regretted. It does suck :hello2:

How does that old saying go? 'You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone'???

Hey, ho.

Andy.

Hi.

It is quoted in the Tal factory forum(by one of the designers), as having a flat field.

The concept of the scope was to provide an Apochromatic scope to the amateur astronomers in Russia at a very good price. The term Apolar means literaly Apo(apochromatic) - la(amateur astronomer) - r(russia).

I don't think any exotic glasses are used.

The scope sells in Russia, for the same price as a Tal 8"F10 Klevtsov. Foreign imported scopes, like for example, a similar sized chinese/tawainese 5" apo would cost more than twice that !

One thing's for sure, I'm sure it'll be good, 'cause Tal just don't make bad optics. How good? Well, we're all waiting on someone to get one to try out!! No bad reports on various Russian forums and the scopes been out for over a year.

Cheers,

Andy.

Archived