Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars - the fiddly bits - Jan 26th

Starman

The wind direction had a northerly component in it last night which is never good for my seeing and this did turn out to be the case with some quite blurry periods during the full 3.5hr session. This is the first imaged result of the night, a bit of a rush as I've got a talk to prepare for this evening.

2010-01-26_22-17-36_RGB-flat.jpg

As much as I want to be jealous of your ownership of a C14 and your imaging skill....I love seeing your work.

It also helps to confirm that what I am seeing or imaging is genuine and real as I now rely on your images as a template...

Many thanks

Chris

Top stuff brother....!;):icon_salut:;)

When I hark back to all the doom and gloom about a 14.1 arcsecond opposition (and add a 35 degree elevation for us in the Sthn. Hemi. also) and the imaging possibilities thereof.....the detail and overall image quality of what we've achieved (and your latest are exemplary models of said!) i can't help but reflect upon the advances AA planetary imaging has taken in the last couple of years!

All this old coot wants now is to still be around and imaging when Mars balloons up to 24.3 arcseconds in 2018....!:):);)

Once again, a cracker set of images Starman!:D

As much as I want to be jealous of your ownership of a C14 and your imaging skill....I love seeing your work.

It also helps to confirm that what I am seeing or imaging is genuine and real as I now rely on your images as a template...

Many thanks

Chris

No jealousy intended: that would mean I want Starman's C14, I just want one too at some point in the future. I will try to wheedle my way in to the Blaauw Sterrenwacht (http://www.rug.nl/sterrenkunde/sterrenwacht/index) which is right on top of my building.

Regarding Starman's imaging skills a triple :):icon_salut:;) is in order.

Archived