Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Springer - Update

NickH

I am pleased to announce that Springer and the author of the book, to which I was in dispute over copyright issues relating to the use of my images, have agreed to settle the matter with me in an amicable manner, and one which I am very happy with, as it will also benefit a charity I have nominated. The author and Springer will be making a public statement in the near future.

The book is now in print, so there is no way to stop it from that side, but I have stated to them, that I wish to have no association with it in any way shape or form, should it be reviewed or otherwise. The author has acknowledged this fact in emails, and is happy with this.

Springer have been cordial, professional and very happy to work this to a suitable conclusion, and I wish to state publicly, that I hope incidents such as this do not deter others from writing hopefully outstanding astronomy titles in the future with them. I wish to thank them for resolving this so quickly.

You know me...take no prisoners...thankfully this time, I didn't need to :-)

The simple fact here is one of a legal matter on copyright, and no matter who/how big a company is, if one has the law on ones' side... it's all then down to how amicable you're prepared to be...

Well done, Nick I am delighted that you have had a satisfactory outcome to this - as you say, if the law is on your side this does rather help your cause. I am particularly pleased to see that Springer have acted professionally in this matter.

Where are we likely to see the public statement when it is made?

Steve

Springer will send the statement to me, which they are working on with the author for verification and agreement by all parties. It's holiday season stateside, so they are having a few days off.

Thank you everyone for your support btw...means a lot to me.

• 8 months later...

I could get a Mohican and advertise snickers too :-)

Am in another legal wrangle with Anthony Ayiomamitis...trying to help him sort out a little copyright infringement issue he's having..:-) against the Canadian Space Agency...

I will win...as will he...

Archived