NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is it clear anywhere yet ?

cosmic dave

My scope is set up and cooling down outside, my boots and gloves are ready. The forecast said it will be clear tonight but I have just put my head outside the back door and its wall to wall cloud ;)

Has anyone got clear skies yet ? or do you think I should give up pack up and have a beer ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see repeated "is it clear" kind of messages... does no-one actually look at the satellite images? You know, the ones that actually show what is going on right now, rather than the fairy tale forecasts? ;)

I know its a little low-tech but I find going outside and looking up works quite well too.....:)

I know its a little low-tech but I find going outside and looking up works quite well too.....:)

Going outside is over-rated ;)

Its clear to my east, cloudy overhead, but I can also see that weather front moving on from the west that will bring clouds in about an hour or two... bah!

SteveL, couldn't agree more. Sat24 is showing a big bank of cloud running across the midlands and down through the south west with thin high stuff following it in and another bulge from a low off the west coast to follow next week. Forget it until next weekend at the earliest... in my opinion..

I seem to remember some weather forecasts saying we'd have a 'blocking high' holding over the country till next week...I think that evaporated or slipped south slightly:mad:

heh heh, always wanted to be a weather forecaster. Think I'd give more time to night conditions than they currently do.

Going outside is over-rated :)

Thats imagers for ya......;):)

Its clear to my east, cloudy overhead, but I can also see that weather front moving on from the west that will bring clouds in about an hour or two... bah!

High cloud here and worse coming in from the West...:hello2:

Archived