Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what you all doing?

gary1968

Just come in from a visual session - fantastically clear sky but a ridiculously strong breeze so no point in putting the scope up, unfortunately. Even the bins on a tripod were pretty wobbly!

Anyhoo, Jupiter and the Milky Way were an absolute treat tonight - not complaining after the summer we've had.

Louise

Clouds have just rolled in here in Suffolk (I wondered why the guiding graph was all over the place). Anyway, managed 30 x 300s Ha and 7 x 300s OIII of the Crescent. Off to bed now, process them in the morning. Night night.

Steve

just finished 15 x 10 minute Ha subs of M27 (as test to the guiding...)

Now moved over to M1 and I've going to set 3 hours worth of 10 minute subs and go to bed.

I've just watched Orion rise over the fence - love this time of year!!!

Ant

I was expecting the mist by now, no sign so far :)

Started on M33 with some Blue channel subs and a few more hours Lum, now just doing a rough of M82 to see how it looks, test exposure times etc.

Great night, and the last for a while by the look of it.

My observing session, where the sky was the clearest and darkest I have known this year, was cut short by a kid being sick!! Murphy's law was in operation!! :)

It's amazing how desperate you become when skies like these are so rare - you just want to make the most of every minute!

Archived