NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RGBd M51

MartinB

I've been playing with the alignment and combination routines in ImagesPlus. Great piece of software :) This is M51 from 30th May using the NS8 with fastar and Atik 2HS. Had some short ? 40 sec rgb subs - 5 of each and have tried adding them in.

The main problem with the edit is the massive variation between my desktop and laptop monitors which can't be calibrated any better. When it looks just right on laptop its awful on the desktop and vice versa. Anyway here is my best guess. The dust lanes are starting to appear which I am pleased with. Will grab some more RGBs as soon as possible cos the poor S/N ratio of the RGB component is showing through.

image.jpg

I would be grateful for frank comments on how it's looking. I have quite a thick skin!!

:) Thanks Greg. Might submit M27 to S@N, ?might make the CD?? Have seen some super images recently though. Am just enjoying getting to grips with RGBs. Really really enjoying imaging :)

Archived