Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

** ANNOUNCING THE FIRST SGL IMAGING WORKSHOP **

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I make a suggestion, perhaps an advert (where the picture of the week is displayed) There must be loads of people like me who have joined recently and don't know anything about it.

Scott:headbang:

You know, I'm such a clutz - I forgot all about this feature on the forum!!!

Great idea. I would LOVE to come but Bedford is a way from France! Is SGL member Linton Guise involved in this? He looks after astronomy at Bedford school. I had the pleasure of his and Yvette's company here a while back.

I have often wondered if I could organize an equivalent here one day.

Good luck and wish I was there.

Olly

Hi Daz,

Never done any imaging before so really looking forward to this if it goes ahead. Just registered my interest.

I'll be driving up on the day from the Basildon, Essex area so if anyone wants to carshare I have space for 3 more.

Cheers,

Simon.

Great idea :)

Bit of a drive for me (185 miles) so I will have to have a good think about this one....would love to attend tho.

After a lot of thought I have decided to NOT attend, its just to far a drive for me and I suspect a lot of northern imagers......sorry:o

Perhaps next time guys could we have it a bit more central to everybody.....Birmingham or there abouts?

MMmmm! How I would dearly like to attend. Having to make a

London train journey to Astrofest, SGL5 Lucksall looming too, looking to buy a standy up in tent. I need to rein in the spending a bit.

I really could do with the knowledge this event would supply, but I can only hope it is a big success, and another one will follow a bit further up North.

Ron.:)

The plan was always (provided the first one was a success) to take it to other areas.

If anyone can find a location that EVERYBODY is happy with then we'll gladly hold it there......

Sorry Martin - I had forgotten to update people on that!!

We now have over 45 bookings, so YES, this will definitley run!! :)

We are now working to finalise the format of the day, and will post this up ASAP!!

We're really excited by this and it will be great to see so many of you there!!

I think the techniques used will be applicable to all platforms. I am going to bring along a few solar scopes for people to do "hands on" with if the weather plays ball, if not, my demo will be quite short, as really and truly it's not rocket science with solar processing. Most of the best tricks will be from Nick Smith in the registax style arena...I'm going to do workshops on modding the PST and imaging with the DMK etc.. and watch intently whilst Mr Richards cooks his magic on deep sky objects :-)

Archived