Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ha M27 pushed

MikeD

Hi all.

Clear skies last night and a chance to start a new project, M27.

11 @ 600 sec's in Ha through my 10" newt and HX916.

I plan to get some more Ha then some OIII, L and RGB for this shot but in the meantime I decided to push the Ha data as far as possible to see how much of the outer shell I could see.

Defiantly need more Ha data to be able to keep the faint detail without the noise taking over but I think it will be worth the effort.

I also used some old L-Ha/R-G-B data to throw some colour at it to help show up the Ha shell beyond the main body of M27.

Mike

post-13376-133877380729_thumb.jpg

post-13376-133877380767_thumb.jpg

Looks like it's going to work Mike. Good look grabbing that faint data. I guess you might need to combine 2 Ha channels to get the balance right in the main part of the neb. Interesting to see how it works out but you are certainly the man for the job.

Thanks guys for the comments and encouragement.:)

The bars working for ya then i see?

Alan:)

Yes Alan, I was shocked just how bad the flecture was in my setup with the standatd skywatcher bar, there is still some flecture but nowhere near as much as before ( 5 min's at 1200mm fl was the max I could go before image creep showed in the subs) and not at the interface between the mount and scopes anymore. I think the way forward is side by side mounting rather than piggybacking, so I am in the process of blagging some 1 3/4" aluminium square bar to give it a go.

I guess you might need to combine 2 Ha channels to get the balance right in the main part of the neb.

Hi martin, the shot posted is already a two layer blend as I pushed the background so hard M27 was starting to white out, another reason for loads more Ha data for this.

Mike.

Archived