M27 - First light from observatory

daz

I almost don't want to post this, after seeing GreekAstronomers (have you seen the whispys in that???!!) but its first light from the obsy!!

ED80, no guiding, 45 second subs, approx 70 minutes, IR/UV filter only.

Why only 45 seconds? Well, polar alignment was only a first run through EQMOD and PAM didn't want to play so rather than waste the clear sky, I pointed the chip up!!

And man, it was so easy to come downstairs, park the scope and close the roof!!!!! No packing away, no stripping down cables, no heaving everything back into the shed!!

I love my obsy! I love my obsy!!

I am so looking forward to the new season now :):D

post-12674-133877379555_thumb.jpg

Let me get this straight - do you Love your Obsy??

Well, I tried to keep my emotions in check while typing, but yes, I am rather fond of it!! lol!!!

Thanks guys :)

/me off to have another look at THAT other M27!!

Only been in mine for about 2 mins in the last fortnight ... just to fetch my sunglasses :)

But its nice to know if the clouds ever break then I am only mins away from being up and running ... will be interesting to se how the "mount" comes out of hibernation and how far out the first alignment star will be...

Those Unibond Chemical "de humidifiers" do seem to be doing a reasonable job...

Peter...

Storming mate.

You will now come to really appreciate how fantastic it is to nip out and capture something in a break in the clouds without having to set everything up each time.

Your observing/imaging opportunities will now increase dramatically.

When can I come and have a look?

Dave

Nice shot and i'm sure you'll get the most out of the hobby with your obsy.

One day i'll get round to putting one up,in the mean time i'll just

have to put up with my rather green complextion.:)

Archived