NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I need help with OnStep

Do you mean tracking accuracy?  The goto being accurate isn't as important if you are using plate solving and no matter how far out you are the plate solving will figure it out and get you there.  Eventually at least.

In terms of your project, are you planning on adding the motors to and existing mount which lacks motors or are you planning on building a mount from the ground up?

I think there may be value in picking up an Arduino starter kit, or maybe just a clone board, driver and motor.  Shouldn't cost too much.  A lot of stepper motor stuff doesn't really make sense until you start using them and it'll make a lot more sense for the final implementation once you get to play with the motors and the code and it makes a lot more sense once you start playing with it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratlet thank you responding again. Ok, the goto accuracy isn't as much important as the tracking accuracy,I agree with that. I may start working on a project like this one Home Made Telescope Mount - Concrete Cellar. If I improve the worm gears( I want to make better that them) and use guiding I could have all of the trcking accurcy needed. And no, I am not working on an old mount I am making a new one from skratch!