Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5000 posts milestone

tomato

I've just noticed I have gone through the 5000 posts milestone today, with a post highlighting my inability to Polar Align after 10 years in the hobby. 😏

I joined SGL in Feb 2014, seeking advice, as so many do, on how to spend money on astro kit. Little did I know how this forum would form such an integral part of my enjoyment of this hobby, thanks of course to the diverse, knowledgeable, and above all, thoroughly decent folks who are fellow members.

Here's to the next 5000 posts and 10 years hopefully, I wonder what will be a hot topic then?

• Like 33

Congrats Steve! My history and feelings about SGL are very similar to yours. I now realize that I missed my 5000 milestone - but it must have happened not long ago.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tomato said:

I've just noticed I have gone through the 5000 posts milestone today, with a post highlighting my inability to Polar Align after 10 years in the hobby. 😏

I joined SGL in Feb 2014, seeking advice, as so many do, on how to spend money on astro kit. Little did I know how this forum would form such an integral part of my enjoyment of this hobby, thanks of course to the diverse, knowledgeable, and above all, thoroughly decent folks who are fellow members.

Here's to the next 5000 posts and 10 years hopefully, I wonder what will be a hot topic then?

Well done, keep it up :) Here's my prediction for the hot topic of your 10,000 post  " For Sale - My trusty ZWO Auto Polar Aligner  - no longer needed" :) 

Jim   

• Haha 1

5000 posts you say? I wonder if you have any time for astronomy!🤣

I don’t think John above me has, how many posts John??

Edited by Chaz2b

On 01/04/2024 at 14:41, tomato said:

I wonder what will be a hot topic then

Image processing software that looks at your subs, decides they are not up to standard, takes control of your scope, retakes them and wakes you up next morning with a cup of tea and the best picture you have ever seen. Shows you your picture and compares it with the one it took with comments as to where you went wrong.

A bit like how the  Asiair passes comments on my polar alignment performance the other night.

5000..... Wow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats on 5k posts!

Polar aligning... I still can't do it after all these years, but my AsiAir can. I follow its instructions without question or understanding. The computer overlord issues commands and the lowly humans turns the gears. Then it tells me "well done" after having done little more than screw a cap on a toothpaste tube 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In another ten years time, it'll probably be "remember that one year when we had a single clear night, those were the good old days" 😂

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1