Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alyn Wallace

23 minutes ago, murwille said:

Hopefully all of this was a hoax!  Is Alyn Wallace Dead : “Alyn Wallace: Alive or Dead?” – County Local News  I don't know yet what to believe.

I'm afraid that website, as well as all the ones reporting his death, look very dodgy to me ☹️ As far as I can see there's no video refuting it on his Instagram page despite what the article says ( although I'm no Instagram expert so I'd be happy to be proved wrong )

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John_D said:

I'm afraid that website, as well as all the ones reporting his death, look very dodgy to me ☹️ As far as I can see there's no video refuting it on his Instagram page despite what the article says ( although I'm no Instagram expert so I'd be happy to be proved wrong )

Yes. I immediately got pop ups saying my system was infected with viruses on all the sites reporting the death of Alyn.

If it’s true I should add that I too am sorry to hear the news. 

• Like 1

Lots of tributes to Alyn under his last YouTube video: 

I was fortunate enough to be able to join him on a landscape astrophotography workshop in Tenerife in 2019. Such a great experience that I would have loved to repeat. I never got around to posting about it on StargazersLounge, though - I returned with so much data that by the time I worked through it I felt that the moment had passed.

RIP, Alyn.

Mike

• Like 2

Awful news 

I really enjoyed his vlogs , and WITNS on YouTube. 

He did come across as slightly thin/frail at times.

He lived for his passion of the night sky. 

RIP Alyn 

Edited by scotty1
  • Like 1

Shocked to hear about the passing of Alyn!

An amazing artist with the camera and beyond, a great, kind and gentle soul. 

He will be dearly missed! His legacy will live on!

Our sincere condolences to Alyn’s family and friends 

RIP Alyn

Edited by CelestialHaz
  • Like 3

Very sorry to read this. It is reported that Alyn was in hospital for an inguinal hernia operation and 'complications' set in.

He was an inspiration to many. I started in nightscape DSLR photography and Alyn was a go-to on youtube. Rest in peace, Alyn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Sorry to read/hear this.

I only subscribed to his YouTube channel on Saturday [30/04/2024]. I do hope it will remain [and his website] for future generations.

R.I.P. Alyn Wallace.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad news - I only found out this morning.

I too live in Turkey (in the South West) and I and others were hoping that Alyn would come to the 3 day star party on Sandras mountain last year but sadly he didn't. If he had, I was going to invite him down to my place and shamelessly pick his brains about landscape astrophotography. 

A very sad loss to the astrophotography world, photography in general and lovers of his work.

• Like 1