Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Northants

vinny

Hi just joined and thought i would pop in to say hello

I have just bought my first telescope at the ripe old age of 48 and i feel like a little boy again (no gary glitter jokes please) after much thought and with a very small budget i went for a Celestion 114 as i wanted a reflector but the cash wouldnt run to anything bigger,But its a start.

I set it up lastnight for the first time we had clear skies and to my amazement i found saturn , To say i was gobsmacked was an understatement (i even got the wife out of bed to have a look) Then tonight we both sat there so amazed at the moon that a moon filter and barlow were ordered straight away.

All i can say is roll on paydaty for a t-adaptor and t-ring to be ordered

Hi Vinny, and welcome to SGL.

My wife thinks we are all still 'little boys' at heart :icon_rolleyes:. Its a 'boys and their toys' thing ;)

Having said that, here on SGL, we have quite a few lady members, and SGL is all the better for it.:)

Dave

Hi Vinny and welcome to SGL - great to hear you have gotten into astronomy at such a young age ;-)

However, why is it that I never heard of all these "Northants astronomers" when I was living in Rushden ? :icon_rolleyes:

Have fun !

Archived