Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL4 - M104 - Sombrero Galaxy

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

Its taken me along time to process this puppy... Having a few personal problems outside of Astro atm :(

Anyway - finally got around to processing the subs I took of M104 The Sombrero Galaxy. This was a great target for me to image at SGL4, as it does not get high enough from home for me to image it, because of the sides of the observatory - Who designed that then, eh? D'oh!

I decided to go for 300 second clear and 200 second RGB subs at the time. Unfortunately, I'd put my 0.8 focal reducer inline before I started, and with hindsight, I should have taken it out and shot at F/7 to give a closer image with better detail... Ah well, maybe next year :)

And here she is.... Full details of the image are available here

2009-04-25-M104-L-9x300-R-10x200-G-11x200-B-11x200-Small.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Richie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice sharp image. Loving the crisp dust lane you got there. I agree, the widefield shot makes it more aesthetic. I cant image this low lying creature from my location either :-(

Matt

It came out really well Rich. I think there were quite a few of us who ejoyed a rare glimpse of this, I know I got some shots of it.

Hope things sort out for you. Again, let me say how grateful I was to you for pointing out the cause of my problems on the GSO images, I lost a lot of hair over that!

Tim

Archived