Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time capturing the Great Red Spot.

Nigella Bryant

Not seen the Great Red Spot since I was 15, that's well, a long time ago, lol. Anyway the weather was not the best with gusts of 30mph. I'm still getting to grips with the camera, scope, mount and settings, etc, etc. That's my excuse on this planetary imaging journey, lol. C11 plus 2.5x powermate, Zwo Asi 462mc. 10,000 frames with 20% stack. Software used, Autostakker3, registax6 and photoMS for colour tweak. 

23_53_56_20231127nb.png

23_50_49_20231127nb.png

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 22

2 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

I too saw the GRS for the first time last night. Have yet to process my images but I doubt they will be as good as yours. Excellent work.

Thanks Roy, much appreciated. Get those images processed and posted, lol. I've still yet to process several others. Hopefully get around to doing a few derotated and stacked in Winjupos. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeremyS said:

Excellent work Nigella 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I hope you will be sharing your work with John Rogers of the BAA Jupiter section.

Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated and encouraging. Yes, I'm going to share with John Rogers. Not sure they're up to some of the standards of the Jupiter section though, lol. 

Wow! Nigella these are the best Jupiter images I've seen on this forum in 2023! The natural detail is simply awesome! Its been mentioned about oversampling at f25 but its certainly not done you any harm.

Couldn't resist another tweak on your colour balance (auto rgb balance in registax) and also enhanced colour vibrance in image analyser :

23_50_49_20231127nb.pnganalyser.png

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Wow! Nigella these are the best Jupiter images I've seen on this forum in 2023! The natural detail is simply awesome! Its been mentioned about oversampling at f25 but its certainly not done you any harm.

Couldn't resist another tweak on your colour balance (auto rgb balance in registax) and also enhanced colour vibrance in image analyser :

23_50_49_20231127nb.pnganalyser.png

Thanks, much appreciated, I'm still practicing, lol. Much better colour. 

• Like 1