NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can it be true?

Stu

A remarkable series of coincidences may be about to play out….

1) I am at home

2) I am not exhausted

3) My wife is at home

4) My wife has work calls to make this evening

5) The forecast is clear!

Now, the only fly in the ointment is that I have to be up at 4am tomorrow, but at least it gets dark fairly early so I will have a couple of hours to observe…..IF the forecast is correct!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

BBC Weather says yes, yes yes! (Doesn’t it always), Clear Outside and Scope Nights say no, Sat 24 looks 50/50 so as usual I’ll stick my head out of the door as it gets dark and take it from there.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Astronomist said:

looks like I might get clear skies tonight as well! Please don't order anything astro-related this evening...

Too late, my new camera adapter has arrived this morning. We will now have solid cloud for 2 weeks, which is exactly what happened when I got my last one.

Well I've popped my dob out to cool so lets hope it stays reasonably clear for a while 🤞

It's been quite a while since I've had a proper observing session - which end do I look through ????? 🤔

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, John said:

Well I've popped my dob out to cool so lets hope it stays reasonably clear for a while 🤞

It's been quite a while since I've had a proper observing session - which end do I look through ????? 🤔

Judging by the downpour we've just had in Weston...... look through the end that the water is pouring out of. 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nugs said:

Judging by the downpour we've just had in Weston...... look through the end that the water is pouring out of. 😉

I'm watching the skies in that direction from here in Portishead 🙄

Thin clouds starting to spread from the west. Darn it.

5 hours ago, Clarkey said:

At least you have some orange....

image.png.fc02e4eb4287117cf4cfe02bb130073c.png

Nice. I"ve been trying to get a full house of reds on clear outside for years but have always had a few annoying bits of orange spoiling it!