Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Congratulations on ISRO landing on South Lunar pole

Elp

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but congratulations to all involved in the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) becoming only the fourth nation to touch down on the moon, the first on the southern pole region of the moon, earlier today its Vikram lander from Chandrayaan-3 landed just after midday GMT.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

A great achievement, but I wonder at the message it sends to the poor masses.

Yes, I am a bit troubled by this but I suppose the way I reconcile it is to imagine that this advancement in technology will improve skills, jobs and investment that may improve the lives of all in the country.

It must give a boost to national pride and standing in the world.

I believe that you can’t solve all your problems before you make new advances in technology.

However India  arming with nuclear weapons may not be money well spent.

The value proposition is a separate subject, if you've ever been there the changes made in development have been stark as with other countries around the world, technology is one of those sectors which has had massive investment both for people and product. Whether the push for space exploration is a priority, maybe, maybe not but you don't make progress by not doing something.

If anything it's an achievement via cross collaboration with other nations. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

Great to see an Indian sucess with this, regardless of any feelings on the socio economic situation.
Nice to see them do it so well, when others, more experienced have not.

😂😂 this is the success of the UK, we funded it….😉

• Like 1