Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

So Many Stars - NGC6888 Widefield

Psychobilly

Last lot of Data from last night but first lot processed...and so many stars...

Widefield Image of NGC6888 'The Crescent Nebula'

[ATTACH]21236[/ATTACH]

Modded Canon 1000D Baader ACF 15x300s ISO 800

William Optic Megrez 72 FF III Hutech IDAS P2

On CPC 800 Guided By Meade DSI IIC on 500mm f8 using PHDGuide

The Simultaneously captured CPC800 f6.3 Image is here

A veritable ocean of stars Peter, as Kevin said, but the crescent sits nicely amongst them giving a good sense of perspective.

The f8 shot has thinned the stars a lot, and given the star of the show centre stage.

Nice to see your 1000D performing well mate.

Ron.:)

Cheers Ron

Just to "clarify" the image was take through the Megrez72 FF III the 500mm f8 was the guidescope :)

Definitely going to pay this one soem more attention though at the next opportunity... If its clear tonight work is going to be vear "hard " in the morning .... better bank some Ugly this afternoon and evening I think :)

Peter...

Cheers Peeps...

It was quite a nice way to finish of an all nighter...

DSS was registering over 12k and thats with the star detection threshold "reduced"...

The sky was pefect fro sky flats this morning so I ran of about 40 and then a load of bias frames as well... I haven't bothered with darks...the 1000D is pretty good and I let the "cosmetic" tab in DSS take care of anything else...

Here's the Astrometry solution ....

Peter...

The area round Cygnus is a veritable "bloodbath" I love to se an "Eddiefied" mosaic of the region as its his images taht give me the confidnece not to process out allt he "noise" in the red channel :) SO if you taking request Eddmister ... pop down to NGC6888 and its environs for me :)

Peter...

Thanks again Peeps...

I was going to spend another few hours on it again last night but decided I need just 2 targets to get me through the night with a couple of hours kip because of "work"... hopefully post the results later but the first roughs arent looking good... FWHM values were growing all night and the ground was sodden this morning :)

Peter...

Archived