Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just saying Hello

garyR

A ‘Returning’ amateur astronomer from near York in my later 60’s. My first telescope in 50 yrs. I’m learning from Ground Zero all over again with a New 2 weeks ago from FLO Skywatcher AZ-GTIX mount + Skywatcher Startravel 120mm refractor ota  + Synscan V5 handset Package. 
best wishes - Gary 

29ED5CD9-1ECD-4568-B2AB-B6BF6037D158.thumb.jpeg.afc646e2b5fc2c9798d356f59e45f3ff.jpeg

Edited by garyR
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, garyR said:

A ‘Returning’ amateur astronomer from near York in my later 60’s. My first telescope in 50 yrs. I’m learning from Ground Zero all over again with a New 2 weeks ago from FLO Skywatcher AZ-GTIX mount + Skywatcher Startravel 120mm refractor ota  + Synscan V5 handset Package. 
best wishes - Gary 

29ED5CD9-1ECD-4568-B2AB-B6BF6037D158.thumb.jpeg.afc646e2b5fc2c9798d356f59e45f3ff.jpeg

Looks great Gary! Out of interest, do you need the L bracket or can you mount the second scope directly to the saddle? Looks like they are at 90 degrees but can you adjust them so they are parallel? Thanks, and enjoy your rig and the forum 👍

• Like 1

On 28/11/2022 at 17:34, Stu said:

Looks great Gary! Out of interest, do you need the L bracket or can you mount the second scope directly to the saddle? Looks like they are at 90 degrees but can you adjust them so they are parallel? Thanks, and enjoy your rig and the forum 👍

I don’t think you can adjust them to be parallel. Possible with technical engineering expertise maybe you could. But no 2 saddle that holds the L Plate has 2 adjustment knobs for altitude alignment with no 1 ota 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, they can be rotated. Haven't tried it with mine yet as I'm still in info overload as I explore refractor options for ours, but someone else did. They said you just loosen the three grub screws on the left saddle and you can spin it around to match the right side. Easy way to gain a few more grams of payload capacity.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...