Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Scotland

Joef

18 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I used the mobile photoshop app. 

I’ve got Photoshop on my Laptop, I’m gonna have to have a go on that, but me and photoshop aren’t the best of friends right now, it won’t do what I want or expect!!

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Joef said:

I’ve got Photoshop on my Laptop, I’m gonna have to have a go on that, but me and photoshop aren’t the best of friends right now, it won’t do what I want or expect!!

It's certainly a learning curve, but worth it. Pix insight is another popular software. 

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL! You can really surprise yourself with what can be done simply holding the phone to the eyepiece without a dedicated eyepiece mount, I have spent many nights perfecting it as I love a good challenge. The image below was taken using just that simple method using my index and thumb finger forming a ring around the top of the eyepiece where the phone rested, it takes a while to get alignment right but it works with practice, thanks for joining us!.

36982730-E740-4ACF-88E9-5D10E8B805B6.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi welcome ,I feel your pain re the weather as I stay near loch Lomond and it's been rubbish , hopefully the weather stabilises..enjoy this forum ,all very nice people and very knowledgeable .

ps your moon photo is pretty good for a daytime picture

Edited by davehowat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It can perhaps be a case of mixed feelings seeing others moon images as a newcomer to the hobby, as it can make you feel like you have too much too learn, but honestly on balance it hopefully will inspire. I have the Celestron NexYZ phone adapter which is great, and would recommend, but I think @Sunshine ‘s example of using nothing but the phone held to the eyepiece shows just what is possible here. I took this one of the “Buck Moon” in July this year using my iPhone simply  held over the eyepiece in a 6” Newt. It didn’t win the SGL mobile phone imaging competition 😂, but have a look there to see what else is possible ! It will certainly inspire even more.  You’ve made a great start already by the way - keep going!
17C2C589-FCCA-42C3-981A-7FCC34BB9092.thumb.jpeg.e94acb63e41123cbedbd662c02d5e0fe.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Astro_Dad said:

It can perhaps be a case of mixed feelings seeing others moon images as a newcomer to the hobby, as it can make you feel like you have too much too learn, but honestly on balance it hopefully will inspire. I have the Celestron NexYZ phone adapter which is great, and would recommend, but I think @Sunshine ‘s example of using nothing but the phone held to the eyepiece shows just what is possible here. I took this one of the “Buck Moon” in July this year using my iPhone simply  held over the eyepiece in a 6” Newt. It didn’t win the SGL mobile phone imaging competition 😂, but have a look there to see what else is possible ! It will certainly inspire even more.  You’ve made a great start already by the way - keep going!
17C2C589-FCCA-42C3-981A-7FCC34BB9092.thumb.jpeg.e94acb63e41123cbedbd662c02d5e0fe.jpeg

A cracking pic of the moon, the handheld mobile can and does come up with the results, just practise. I agree, it is daunting when you look at other people’s photos, you can’t imagine that you would ever be able to take photos anywhere near as good as them, but I’m looking forward to giving it a go. 👍

• Like 1

Hi @Joef and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Sorry to read about the loss of your DJI drone. :crybaby2:

I to used to fly r/c helicopters and buggies (electric). I have sold them all, apart from my Tamiya 1/10 F2 Martini Mk.22 Renault.58014_Martini_Mk22_Renault_box_art.jpg.30605cdc3ca496717a68d7fbe7285b41.jpg

I just need to find somewhere that is selling spares for it, as the plastic chassis parts are aging, and the tyres are worn, as it is no longer in production.

I now fly kites and last year [2021] purchased an Ailsa pond yacht to go with a smaller plastic yacht that I have had since I was a young boy. Whilst re-rigging the smaller one on my rest days a few weeks ago, I snapped the main mast and now another project to do on a cloudy evening/night. Also, I am into model railways and short-wave radio listening.

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Hi @Joef and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Sorry to read about the loss of your DJI drone. :crybaby2:

I to used to fly r/c helicopters and buggies (electric). I have sold them all, apart from my Tamiya 1/10 F2 Martini Mk.22 Renault.58014_Martini_Mk22_Renault_box_art.jpg.30605cdc3ca496717a68d7fbe7285b41.jpg

I just need to find somewhere that is selling spares for it, as the plastic chassis parts are aging, and the tyres are worn, as it is no longer in production.

I now fly kites and last year [2021] purchased an Ailsa pond yacht to go with a smaller plastic yacht that I have had since I was a young boy. Whilst re-rigging the smaller one on my rest days a few weeks ago, I snapped the main mast and now another project to do on a cloudy evening/night. Also, I am into model railways and short-wave radio listening.

Thanks, I am over the loss of the Drones now, the period of mourning was long and intense. 😪 That’s a nice looking car, I’m sure the spares will turn up eventually/hopefully. My RC cars were the HPI Savages, they were great for throwing around in the dirt and mud, I eventually gave to my neighbour who is going to bring them back to life. 

• 5 months later...