Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS-Optics PHOTOLINE 130 mm f/7 FPL53 Triplet APO Refractor

Is anyone using one of these? Are they any good?

I like the 102mm Starfield I have. So, looking for something bigger, similar, but still portable.

I'd like a 150 but would need a new mount - one I can't lift. I had a look at some 130's at IAS and they look just about manageable.

I recently purchased one from @Notty but am yet to use it in anger due to cloud (and worse, it is a tiny bit too bit for my observatory). So there might be a second hand one for sale in the coming weeks☹️

I'm not convinced about 'portable', it is heavy and bulky. Maybe I am getting old.....

On 19/10/2022 at 21:44, Clarkey said:

I recently purchased one from @Notty but am yet to use it in anger due to cloud (and worse, it is a tiny bit too bit for my observatory). So there might be a second hand one for sale in the coming weeks☹️

I'm not convinced about 'portable', it is heavy and bulky. Maybe I am getting old.....

If you are forced into the sale let me know 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2022 at 21:44, Clarkey said:

Sorry to hear about the size issues that’s a real shame. I would 100% concur though it should not be thought of as portable!!

Yes, I have a TS Photoline 130 f/7, and a very good 'scope it is too, if not in TOA territory. I've used mine with a variety of cameras and both the TS 2.5" flattener and the Riccardi-APM 0.57x reducer.

It's carried on the ASA DDM60 which handles it with ease.

16 minutes ago, davidc135 said:

There is one currently on sale for £1350 on Astrobuysell located down the road in Hay on Wye.  David

Thanks. I believe it's the same one that's here in the buy/sell section. I won't be ready to make a purchase for 5-6 months though

48 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

I think the 130s hit the sweat spot in size and portability I love mine I’ve had several over the years From Astro Physics ,TMB  ,APM, And Astreya  all great scopes 

How do the 130's of various types rate against the TSA 120?

The TSA 120 is great all rounder the 130 gives a little more if I had to keep only one then it would be the the 120 but I’m lucky I don’t and the 130 I have now is perfect it’s quite lightweight and the optics are close to the Takahashi on par most nights only on exceptional nights the Tak gives that bit more .

11 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

How do the 130's of various types rate against the TSA 120?