Show us your Tak

Stu

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Emperor!Takahashi! said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As usual, you're exactly right 👍 

EmperorT

IMG_20240629_183738317.jpg

That combination is nothing less than a work of art!

Malcolm 

• Like 2

Have reduced the weight of the FS152 a bit more by replacing the focuser with a 2.5 inch FT.  The total weight now with rings, dovetail and lens cap is 10.73kg.

The focuser adapter was made in Australia by Joshua Bunn from Albany.

IMG_0095.thumb.JPG.666f5c9b2dcdae1d12723457cc279d61.JPG

• Like 13

3 hours ago, plyscope said:

Have reduced the weight of the FS152 a bit more by replacing the focuser with a 2.5 inch FT.  The total weight now with rings, dovetail and lens cap is 10.73kg.

The focuser adapter was made in Australia by Joshua Bunn from Albany.

IMG_0095.thumb.JPG.666f5c9b2dcdae1d12723457cc279d61.JPG

Very nice. My current TSA came with a lovely FT3035, though the original Tak focuser was pretty good, and - without wanting to upset the Tak connoisseurs - remains wrapped up in a cupboard. The smaller Tak focuser on my FC-100DC wasn’t up to the job of holding a heavy binoviewer, however. I have an MEF-3 on my Epsilon Tak focuser, which again works well.

65112AD5-D41A-40DA-A5B8-A0CD0B66062B.jpeg

• Like 7

Enjoying these little beauties. Enough eye relief to be comfortable, and not to touch the lenses with eyelashes. They’ve already become a favourite for solar Ha at 120x. Want to get more time with them on the Moon, and the planets to come in a couple of months’ time. But they deliver exceptionally sharp and clean views. 

9FAC7B8C-53B6-483E-B502-59C2E844C29D.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Other than one or two Tak 1.25” prisms in the past this is my first Takahashi product. As a diehard big newt appreciator, a year ago you would never had caught me thinking about buying a Takahashi peashooter, but here we are. Have had a severe lack of Astro mojo over the last year or so, so I did what I usually do in that situation and made a big rash Astro purchase which has dragged me right back into the game! 

I saw an open box ex-demo FC100DC in the clearance section at FLO and impulsively bought it there and then, and when it came I was pretty much in love. Not sure what it is about these scopes, I know my 12” thermally managed newt with Nichol mirrors will give better views of just about anything, when I can muster the energy to drag it out, but owning one of these Taks just brings a certain amount of Joie de vivre with it that I’ve never had with another scope (though I must admit I’ve never owned any other premium brand scope). It’s almost worth having one just for the sake of having one.  I’ve even found myself for some reason setting it up out front of my house where all my neighbours can see it (as if any of those heathens would appreciate a Takahashi anyway). 

A few days after it arrived I got an email from FLO asking me if I’d kindly check the barcodes on the boxes as they had a stock discrepancy,  and sure enough where were several barcode labels on the box saying different things, one said FC100DC and another said FC100DF, so I then checked the diameter of the drawtube which was 70mm bang on (2.7”) indicating that this was actually a DF, and a brand new one at that, not the ex demo DC I ordered. I hadn’t realised as the serial number plate just said FC100D, and I didn’t really know what the difference was between the two variants.  Anyway FLO being FLO they offered to let me keep the DF and were just pleased that they’d solved their stock discrepancy mystery…. What a marvellous bunch they are! 

Here it is my AZ4 with EQ6 legs. Replete with skywatcher 6x30 RACI, and Baader Zeiss Prism. Have just fitted a more blue micro focuser which works marvellously, allowing me to do use precisely on the nearby trees with hardly any image wobble at all. 

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Other than one or two Tak 1.25” prisms in the past this is my first Takahashi product. As a diehard big newt appreciator, a year ago you would never had caught me thinking about buying a Takahashi peashooter, but here we are. Have had a severe lack of Astro mojo over the last year or so, so I did what I usually do in that situation and made a big rash Astro purchase which has dragged me right back into the game! 

I saw an open box ex-demo FC100DC in the clearance section at FLO and impulsively bought it there and then, and when it came I was pretty much in love. Not sure what it is about these scopes, I know my 12” thermally managed newt with Nichol mirrors will give better views of just about anything, when I can muster the energy to drag it out, but owning one of these Taks just brings a certain amount of Joie de vivre with it that I’ve never had with another scope (though I must admit I’ve never owned any other premium brand scope). It’s almost worth having one just for the sake of having one.  I’ve even found myself for some reason setting it up out front of my house where all my neighbours can see it (as if any of those heathens would appreciate a Takahashi anyway). 

A few days after it arrived I got an email from FLO asking me if I’d kindly check the barcodes on the boxes as they had a stock discrepancy,  and sure enough where were several barcode labels on the box saying different things, one said FC100DC and another said FC100DF, so I then checked the diameter of the drawtube which was 70mm bang on (2.7”) indicating that this was actually a DF, and a brand new one at that, not the ex demo DC I ordered. I hadn’t realised as the serial number plate just said FC100D, and I didn’t really know what the difference was between the two variants.  Anyway FLO being FLO they offered to let me keep the DF and were just pleased that they’d solved their stock discrepancy mystery…. What a marvellous bunch they are! 

Here it is my AZ4 with EQ6 legs. Replete with skywatcher 6x30 RACI, and Baader Zeiss Prism. Have just fitted a more blue micro focuser which works marvellously, allowing me to do use precisely on the nearby trees with hardly any image wobble at all. 

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

That's very nice of Flo

Very nice looking scope

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

Delighted that you are delighted with your lovely Tak, Craig.

The pleasure of ownership is nearly as good as the pleasure of viewing.

I hope your neighbours appreciate it. 😊

• Like 1

On 01/08/2024 at 21:14, CraigT82 said:

IMG_3240.jpeg

Aaah, I recognise the start of the slippery slope 🤣

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

Thanks for this great post and I love that you are getting so much pleasure from your new Takahashi. I’m quite sure your heathen neighbours will come to love it too 😂

I bought my first Tak (an FC76) about three years ago and I now have four Takahashi scopes so beware…

• Like 1

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

What a great post. You express the magic so well :)

Malcolm

• Like 2

On 01/08/2024 at 11:51, JeremyS said:

IMG_8845.thumb.jpeg.627cdb1e20c41216629b8f616614829d.jpeg

That's a big finder! I find I don't need one with wide angle eyepiece. Give it a go ... you'll find it will become a great travel scope :)

Malcolm

• Haha 1