Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Virgin's Cosmic Girl on its way over to Cornwall for Sept satellite launch

DaveL59

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Turning south now… on station I guess 

C2E875A9-2D07-4DDD-9984-ACAD5B185D16.png

don't forget that's delayed data 😉 

dang I wish I still had my real-time account, c'est la vie...

Edited by DaveL59

Looks like the slightly delayed launch means the clouds are going to kill of @Stua chance. That 100miles buys me more time, but stuff will be much lower. What’s the betting that no-one sees this from the UK…. Anyone predicting sighting astro phenomena in the mass media always ends up dooming the event 😞

Peter

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Looks like the slightly delayed launch means the clouds are going to kill of @Stua chance. That 100miles buys me more time, but stuff will be much lower. What’s the betting that no-one sees this from the UK…. Anyone predicting sighting astro phenomena in the mass media always ends up dooming the event 😞

Peter

Quite likely Peter. What time is launch?

2 minutes ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Around 8 mins part 11 apparently 

according to live stream, drop in 13 mins so that'd be 23:08

Unlikely I'll see anything but it'll be an excuse to step into the garden for a smoke 😉 

Edited by DaveL59
  • Like 2

Went to the park, could see down to a little below 9degree, mistiness inbound. Nothing apart from a few stars that just stayed put. Nice and chilly, great wide view of the Hyades with the ol 7x35 and the sound of deer bashing antlers (I did check they were plenty far enough away).

Wonder if anyone else got lucky.. maybe in more southerly and warmer climes?

Peter 

I heard commentary through 2nd stage 1st burn and into the coast phase, then my attention wandered to the moon, dont recollect hearing the start of the 2nd burn of the 2nd stage just prior to orbit injection. So maybe it was that burn that failed ??