Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello to all

Peter Piper

Hi - my first post so hello to everybody.

My current location is North East Scotland (Aberdeen area), but my usual location is South Yorkshire (Barnsley area).

I first became interested in astronomy in the 1980s, I finally got a telescope last week. Better late than never I suppose! My 8 year old grandaughter expressed an interest in astronomy due to a school project so that was as good an excuse as any to buy a telescope and try to wean her off Nintendo/Playstation etc.

Anyway I already have a question which I will post in the beginners section.

Regards PP

Hello again.

Thank you all for your welome messages. I hope to become a regular poster on here and will have many questions to ask! But I am sure all the answers are here.

Barkis:- is your avatar a REME badge; if so I did 10 years myself (1975 - 1985) as a Tels Tech - I'm now in the offshore oil industry. Hope you don't mind me being nosy.

Regards PP

Hello again.

Thank you all for your welome messages. I hope to become a regular poster on here and will have many questions to ask! But I am sure all the answers are here.

Barkis:- is your avatar a REME badge; if so I did 10 years myself (1975 - 1985) as a Tels Tech - I'm now in the offshore oil industry. Hope you don't mind me being nosy.

Regards PP

Yep, It is the Horse and Lightning PP. Mine was only a 3 year stint.

Short but sweet. Not nosy at all.

Ron.:)

Hello all,

Once again, thank you for all your 'welcome' messages - it really encourages a beginner (astronomy and forums) like me to become part of your community.

Since I came on here, I have not yet pointed my telescope at the sky which I am now getting very frustrated about - but I am sure you are all much more resigned to cloudy skies than I am. I have however taken the 'downtime' as an opportunity to keep reading the instructions etc and also try out my camera (Nikon D60) attached to the telescope. I am quite pleased with the results of my Terrestrial photo attempts.

Ron.s.g. - I think your sentiments re:- 'Grandaughters project' are probably correct, but I live in hope! I think that engaging a child's interest in anything other than TV etc. is worth trying.

Regards PP

Archived