Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Green with envy!!

Rob

For all of you south of Birmingham its going to be a corker of clear night (or so they say). I'm stuck in Swindon this week on a training course, so no scope!! :x

The sky is soooo blue this morning. Looks like it could well be one of those dream nights for observing / imaging.

All the best to all that get out tonight. (Russ, do me proud from a Southampton point of view and post some widefield images! - cheers)

Rob

:lol:

Well, the view out of the window and the local forecasts do seem to indicate that it could be a promising night down here next to the New Forest - so fingers are very firmly crossed (despite staying up to 4 o'clock this morning to view Jupiter!)

Well, the view out of the window and the local forecasts do seem to indicate that it could be a promising night down here next to the New Forest - so fingers are very firmly crossed (despite staying up to 4 o'clock this morning to view Jupiter!)

Hey... your close to where Russ & I live!. We should hook some time... I think we are planning a New Forest trip late April, fancy tagging along?. We use the old air field site past te motor museum

Rob

:lol:

Wouldn't worry about it too much Rob. It's rapidly clouding in over Winchester, 70-80% cloud coverage now. Was supposed to be clear yesterday evening but was 100% cloud from the second the sun set. Fantastic this morning though.

Russ

You needn't have worried Rob......weather here is carp yet again! Weathermen have it completely wrong AGAIN! Just packed everything away AGAIN. Feel like throwing the whole lot in the car and dumping it down the tip, pointless owning any of it.

right going to bed, flippin cheesed off with this worthless hobby!

I hear you Russ! I must have been too loud, the clouds heard me bragging about my clear skies all day. A thick haze covers most things :lol:

I can just about see a few bright stars and the moon is a thick blur. I was hopeing to test out my new MT1 motors tonight too and do a few unguided shots of M42 and maybe get some of jupiter later on. No dice. Oh well. Im off on holiday on saturday down to St. Ives in cornwall. Gonna take my little nexstar 80gt and hope for a few clear nights from the balcony overlooking the sea.

Well, I had a lot of high wispy cloud until 9:30pm. Went in for a cuppa and hot cross bun, and came back out at 10pm to pretty good skies. I live near a brickworks and the wind had changed sufficiently to blow the smoke right over my head, but even so, it wasn't too bad.

Packed up at midnight - full report to follow....

Archived