Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Do we need a spaceship? No we already have one

enigmcd

After we watched some movies like Star Wars, Star Trek or etc, many peoples wish we can have the spaceship, to traveling in the space or anything. But do we needed? Well we alreaqdy have one, tats our earth, its a natural spaceship, we traveling in the space since we were born.

Maybe one day we have no need any spaceship to go to others planets. Maybe we no need worry about any astroids crash to earth one day.

Do you guyz agree?:lol:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an interesting attraction in the Epcot Disney Park called Spaceship Earth which makes just this point. I guess the question on whether we need other space craft depends on whether we are content to go where the Earth takes us.

Small meteorites crash into the Earth every day and every now and then a really big one comes along - it's happened before and it will happen again - it's just a question of when.

John

Small meteorites crash into the Earth every day and every now and then a really big one comes along - it's happened before and it will happen again - it's just a question of when.

John

Indeed it will! The newly discovered asteroid 2009DD45 is about to just miss Earth at only (0.2AU) around the 2nd March, and will be visible in the northern hemisphere.

At the size of 35 metres a similar size to Tunguska impactor of 1908..

http://spaceweather.com/

Jeff.

Hmmmmm....I'm favouring the Millennium Falcon (the ratttling VW Beetle of space ships), but only if a young Harrison Ford is in it, with a low-slung gun holster.

(My Dad used to favour Servalan...I wonder why....)

The trouble is with the original point is not like saying that we don't need cars/planes/trains/boats etc to get about because the earths surface is moving and therefore we are already moving around andi if we rely upon tectonic plates we could arrive at work in a say a million years.

The earth may be in space and moving through it, but not in the sense that we can benefit from just sitting on it.

Spaceships?

I want a Culture General Systems Vehicle...

Either the Of Course I Still Love You, or the No More Mr Nice Guy.

Not that you could actually own a GSV. But living on one would be fun.

Go read Iain M. Banks...

Talking of Servalan, I came across the actress in the cafe at Leicester Forest East Service Station in the late 70s. She was queuing at the till with a plastic tray, but still had the severe haircut and a drastic high-collared gown. Surreal.

Talking of Servalan, I came across the actress in the cafe at Leicester Forest East Service Station in the late 70s. She was queuing at the till with a plastic tray, but still had the severe haircut and a drastic high-collared gown. Surreal.

Wow! That's almost a claim to fame!

Was she with a bloke in black leather with an eye patch?

(He was pretty menacing too...)

BTW, on the topic of sci-fi females, do you remember Gabriella Drake, the woman with the silver dress and the purple wig on UFO?

My Dad delivers her laundry!

(No smalls though - much to his chagrin - just 'big linen'!)

There was none of this 'space ship earth' mullarkey on UFO - they believed in proper flying saucers - and good on 'em!

And they were years ahead of CSI having a bloke with coloured hair.

Does anyone remember the original A for Andromeda - it was done live and Julie Christie, given a shock by the machine and falling to the floor, fell out of her dress as it were. Being live the camera twitched and she acted on - sticking bit of body back in. Those were the days - no outtakes just - did you see that... :lol:

Spaceships ! ... Phooey !..

I'd rather "Jaunt" a la "The Tomorrow People"

Breakfast in the Maldives , Lunch in the Alps , and Dinner in the "Restaurant at the End of the Universe" and if I'm feeling up to it after all that Supper at the Pole whilst watching the Aurora Borealis before bed.

But if it's a spaceship I've got to have it would have to be The Tardis .. just love pulling all those levers !

THe trouble with Jaunting was co-ordinates - unless you were the guy in Tiger Tiger aka 'The tomorrow people' still having got the book off my dad in the 1950/60s I always thought to Jaunte would be a great way to travel. The Demolished Man is good too with its 'Tensor said the Tenser' pepsin. Good old Alfred Bester.

Archived