Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Do we need a spaceship? No we already have one

enigmcd

....OR....we could do a Space 1999 - blast the moon into space (thus ruining the Earth's ecosystems) and have jolly fun blowing up malformed jelly monsters.

(But only if me and Astrobaby could wear silver dresses and purple wigs!).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You liked the birds - So did I though some of those dolly birds were knocking on a bit. Didn't fancy the blokes much though. Now the Sweeny - that has real blokes and punch ups and loads of Guvs. A real different world compared to now.

Strangley now its the older women who look more sexy - the modern ones look like clothes horses.

Ahhh - UFO - LOVED the outfits the moonbase girls wore - even made one once for a fancy dress :lol:

Yeah, and the purple hair. I just loved the purple hair...

And the Skydiver crew. I seem to remember they all wore string vests!

Ah, the seventies...

Having said that some of the glam rockers were a bit out of this world. That bloke next to Noddy holder for example. Nowadays he lives near a girls school and puts on a bit of gear for them according to the TV.

Now here is a question for those near Dudley. Slade the group were noisey but near Dudley there used to be Slade engineering which made the loudest noises I ever heard. I always wondered if the group took the name from the works. Anyone know?

Having said that some of the glam rockers were a bit out of this world. That bloke next to Noddy holder for example. Nowadays he lives near a girls school and puts on a bit of gear for them according to the TV.

Now here is a question for those near Dudley. Slade the group were noisey but near Dudley there used to be Slade engineering which made the loudest noises I ever heard. I always wondered if the group took the name from the works. Anyone know?

Hmmm...don't know the answer to that one...it's a possibility.

There's an awful lot that's noisy around Dudley - it's not hard to "feel the noiz"!

Dave Hill was the bloke with the hair in Slade, who were originally called Ambrose Slade....don't know why though.

I still have all their singles and was occasionally to be seen, at 13 years old, in a momemade top hat with mirrors on it and plaid trousers....fortunately, no photos exist!

Talking of purple hair and space, here are a few lines from 'I married a monster from outer space' by the wonderful punk poet, John Cooper Clarke. I can't put all of it on the site as it contains a few rude words, but his stuff is well worth looking up :lol:

'I fell in love with an alien being

whose skin was jelly - whose teeth were green

she had the big bug eyes and the death-ray glare

feet like water wings - purple hair

I was over the moon - I asked her back to my place

then I married the monster - from outer space'

Cheers

Rob

Archived