NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Bolsover

geppetto

Been lurking here for a while and it seems a nice place to be so if you guys will have me, I'd like

to stay for a while. :)

Name's Philip, 59 in a few weeks time, an ex television service engineer forced out of work and into poverty

by a long running back problem. :lol:

Been interested in astronomy for three years now, the first year using scopes made from cheap optics from

Surplus Shed and during the last couple of years I have collected some "proper scopes" including a

Skywatcher 130mm F5 reflector on a CG-5 mount. An Antares 70mm mac for grab and go and finally my latest,

a Revelation 8" DOB which I got a few days ago.

Light pollution is a problem here but it doesn't stop me enjoying the sky from my backyard. 8)

Hello Phillip,

Welcome to the forum!

Some nice kit you have there and that Dob sure looks the part :lol:

Hope you enjoy it here and look forward to your post's.

James :)

PS:Like you LP is a problem but dont let it win 8)

Hi Phil welcome to the stargazers lounge just had 3 very wet days :clouds2:not far from where you are at Rivendale abot 10 miles out from Buxton at the Peak Star Party 2 reminded me more of pot holeing that star watching would not have missed it for the world learnt so much there

look forwards to your posts

Archived