NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Dumfries & Galloway

Ricky Graham

Hi All, just joined and live just off the galloway forrest. Always had an interest in astronomy but sold up all my kit a number of years ago. Mainly observing and edging on imaging, but now heavily into imaging with a total change of kit. 

Currently using a WO Fluorostar APO 91 Triplet along with the APO 61 Guide star with a ZWO120 mini for autoguiding on NEQ6 mount. I use my nikon z50 at the moment for main imaging and still have a 10" newtonian for having a look now and again. I have to say a lot has changed since i last dabbled at imaging 😅

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Floater said:

Welcome. I’ve visited your area a couple of times and enjoyed the dark skies.

Hope you have lots of fun and success with the AP. 🙂

Give me a shout if your ever back! Hard to find people that talk my lingo in the pub 🤣

• Like 1

Hi Ricky, I'll add my warm welcome also. 

I had a couple of nights in a lodge down near Kirkcudbright last week, I obviously picked the two nights before it was perfect so only managed about an hour of clear skies during my stay, but they were phenomenal.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jimbo64 said:

Hi Ricky, I'll add my warm welcome also. 

I had a couple of nights in a lodge down near Kirkcudbright last week, I obviously picked the two nights before it was perfect so only managed about an hour of clear skies during my stay, but they were phenomenal.

Two things I’m always told! You must love the view (took it for granted) and look at the stars (took it for granted till I realised what others have to deal with)