Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which size filters will I need?

PESKYWAABBIT

I have been imaging for years on a cheap DSLR and have made the decision to jump up to a dedicated CMOS camera. I have just acquired an SW ED80 and soon to get an ED80 0.85x focal reducer.

The camera I'm looking at getting is the ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro and I'm curious which filter sizes I would need in the filter wheel to get to make sure I don't get any vignetting or at least the minimum I can.

The options on FLO seem to be either: 1.25", 31mm or 36mm.

Any thoughts are much appreciated :)

On 04/09/2021 at 19:48, PESKYWAABBIT said:

I have been imaging for years on a cheap DSLR and have made the decision to jump up to a dedicated CMOS camera. I have just acquired an SW ED80 and soon to get an ED80 0.85x focal reducer.

The camera I'm looking at getting is the ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro and I'm curious which filter sizes I would need in the filter wheel to get to make sure I don't get any vignetting or at least the minimum I can.

The options on FLO seem to be either: 1.25", 31mm or 36mm.

Any thoughts are much appreciated :)

1.25 are fine for that scope and I would not use unmounted unless I needed to as they are quite fiddly. 

• Thanks 1

welcome to the mono club! I added the same camera/filter wheel/filter bundle to the toys a few months ago - very impressed with it. you'll love it. I assume you've got an EAF ? As otherwise yer gonna be there all night refocusing after each filter change ?

stu

9 hours ago, PESKYWAABBIT said:

Thanks guys, with those recommendations I bought the 1.25" filter bundle, probably the largest purchase after a car I've ever made.

I hope this is worth it, sorry for the cloud cover! 😂☁️

It will be worth it! 👍