Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Soon I will buy the 2600mm pro camera and for that I need filters (36mm).  I have until now used Antlia 3 nm filter with my 1600mm pro.
(I live in a bort 6 zone)

I need to buy a whole new filterset because I have 31 mm currently, that's why I'm asking. 

Is it worth spending a little extra for the 2.8 nm filter? Or should I just go with the "safer" option --> 3 nm?
How are the Antlia LRGB filter?

Edited by Calzune

Comparing the spectrum curve charts, the 2.8nm filters transmit more light in Ha, SII and OIII. This is reflected in the higher price.

It's a better filter than the 3nm, so if price is not an issue, I'd go for the 2.8nm instead.

18 hours ago, Calzune said:

Soon I will buy the 2600mm pro camera and for that I need filters (36mm).  I have until now used Antlia 3 nm filter with my 1600mm pro.
(I live in a bort 6 zone)

I need to buy a whole new filterset because I have 31 mm currently, that's why I'm asking. 

Is it worth spending a little extra for the 2.8 nm filter? Or should I just go with the "safer" option --> 3 nm?
How are the Antlia LRGB filter?

Its 2.8nm  +or- 0.5nm so you could end up with a 3.3nm filter.....

Adam

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam J said:

Its 2.8nm  +or- 0.5nm so you could end up with a 3.3nm filter.....

Adam

Or you could get a 2.7nm filter (it's +0.5nm/-0.1nm). There must also be an undisclosed margin of error for the 3nm pros.

In any case, the filter bandpass is not the only interesting metric. The fact that it transmits more Ha, OIII, SII - which is what we're interested in as imagers - shouldn't be overlooked.

In the worst case scenario, a 3.3nm filter bandpass isn't so bad... :)

33 minutes ago, Peds said:

Or you could get a 2.7nm filter (it's +0.5nm/-0.1nm). There must also be an undisclosed margin of error for the 3nm pros.

In any case, the filter bandpass is not the only interesting metric. The fact that it transmits more Ha, OIII, SII - which is what we're interested in as imagers - shouldn't be overlooked.

In the worst case scenario, a 3.3nm filter bandpass isn't so bad... :)

Yes for the 3nm I would be shocked if its not also a similar margin, placing all these filters in overlapping error bands.

Its deminishing returns but with an element of gambling lol

Adam