Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Io transit & Saturn 29/08/2021

si@nite

Best of the evenings work in somewhat variable conditions mainly low cloud was the problem, in spite of that Saturn looked very clear & steady at times but very weak blue ch indeed so did not bother with rgb to be honest, the Jupiter shot is in ir & the Saturn is red channel.

ir2.png

28 8 2021v1.png

• Like 13

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

Nice work Simon, that Saturn is sharp as a tack! 

Thanks Craig ive had many superb red channels over the years only to be let down by the G & B thats the way it goes sometimes, but at this elevation its to be expected!

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:
1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Some nice detail Simon. especially Saturn

Hi Neil conditions here really poor of late, cloud &  jetstream tubulence effecting any results especially Jupiter.

4 hours ago, si@nite said:

Hi Neil conditions here really poor of late, cloud &  jetstream tubulence effecting any results especially Jupiter.

Yes for sure Simon i also went out. i have a small window before the planets hit a roof. as soon as it goes behind the roof a lot of the cloud cleared lol. Managed one disturbed colour shot with the Orion between cloud. later realized i had forgot to attach UV IR Filter. So jupiter is pink. Its a shame what the weather has dealt us all. On the plus side i got some lunar later with the Orion. first in around 6 years. If this weather dont change soon the planets will enter daylight. Saturn is getting close already. Still you got a nice IR Saturn there. Lets hope we get a last offering before optimal position passes

4 hours ago, astroman001 said:

Good work. I also notice that after up-loading images to SGL, the brightness is increased. I have raised it before but I am told it's not possilbe. But I believe my eyes.

Thanks Peter, its happened a few times to me brightness is increased on uploading images, not sure why?

3 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

BTW when doing RGB do you use IR as LUM?

I prefer to use ir on its own personally as in combination with rgb tends to produce a false colour image, but this is my own opinion, great detail can be obtained using ir as a lum!