Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pushing my luck????

Kimboman

Hi there's an inkling that we may have some clear Skys tonight so I thought I would set up two of my scopes in case a miracle happens .

I hope this is not a bad omen but if you don't try lots of gear languishes for another night cheers.

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

• Like 4

I've got the 130 triplet refractor out cooling. I rarely use more than one scope during a session though, despite having a few knocking around :rolleyes2:

The night of the opposition of Mars last year was an exception though:

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_2020_10/P1090726.JPG.76822db9404cbc66feb5558e4b4cff75.JPG

• Like 2

The sky is a milky grey colour and seeing is poor.

I did have a few minutes on ε Lyr. At x300 amidst the constant wobbling I did get some nice airy disks. At x171 I can just see the 12.6m star between them. That's how bright the background is.

At x133 M13 has some nice detail, spoiled somewhat by the lack of a dark background. 

• Like 2

There's milky, and there's this...

880363814_D72_8584_DxO1200.jpg.e5fb2ec91c5c5798076f7e52ac323058.jpg

LEDs are wonderful aren't they. I really want the orange ones back :sad2:

You can see I'm looking at Saturn. Mushy but at x171 I can just about make out a belt and the Cassini division.

It's been good here. Only a little cloud around, and that cleared quickly. The sky was impressively dark before the moon showed; the great rift was quite obvious. Managed to get quite a mixed bag with the Mak, some open and globular clusters, a couple of planetaries, a few new doubles, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune. Although the seeing wasn't quite as good as when I was out last Wednesday, Jupiter's belts seemed slightly better (and I saw Io's shadow quite clearly).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeremyS said:

CCD is cooling, but thin high stuff has come in. 

Will probably put my 0.06m refractor out later.

Approximately 10 nanosecond cooldown time

Noooo ! It is 0.00000001 second cool down time :headbang2: .

Edited by Voyager 3
  • Haha 1