Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Brilliant Astro Tinkering By Astrobiscuit

Chris

Not quite sure I’d ever want to butcher one of my scopes down, but interesting to see the results so far. I guess as a full collaboration then if enough people supply even more data then results could be pretty impressive.

Great video. I like Astrobiscuit's stuff. He's 

@rorymultistorey on here. 

When I was still in London I actually used to be part of the mirror makers group so it was great to see a few faces I know. I was halfway through a 10“ when I moved to Berlin. The foucault knife edge test kit looks the same as it did then, I think Terry has had the same one for quite a few years. 

The look on everyone's face when Rory revealed he'd cut down the tube was gold 😂

• Haha 1

I'm split on this, nice chap, engaging subject, some big claims and nothing to back them up. 

Lucky imaging in this case is about freezing the seeing at the timescale of seconds or less. For me the maths don't add up, maybe I'm missing the mass effect ? 

For example why diss cats when some are built for fast imaging ?

It's a good channel. entertaining. Other than the rabbit, his schtick is a bit top gear - you know.. something terrible always goes wrong or dumb mistake, but it all works out in the end. Which I assume must be planned as it happens every time. And I wish he had more info in his descriptions. For example I was watching

and near the end he says 'both were grading using an automatic grading tool'.

well.. ok.. what ? startools ? PI ? Be good to know.

It's not one for detailed tutorials or reviews, but for entertainment, it's definately the best astro channel out there for sure.