Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51

Ant

After processing this image and the absolute disaster I had with the indiviudual frames, I think that this could well be the last DSO object I bother to try and image.

All my kit is up for sale (except 300D), so as soon as there is a taker - it's gone.

Having said all of that, I was actually quite happy with this image. M51 10x40 seconds ISO 1600. Don't ask why there is only 10 (I did have around 50 - 60).

Regards

Ant

Thats a lovely wide field Ant , and you have some nice detail in the galaxy , is it the processing thats getting you down, just seems a shame you selling everything, cant you just put it all on hold for a while ,i think we are all lacking a bit of practise , with the lack of imaging lately .

dont rush into everything Ant .

Rog

Hi Roger,

Nothing to do with the processing. I deleted the images from the CF card by mistake.

I've had enough of not getting any clear nights, when there is a clear night - somthing comes up. Either Jamie's end up being ill - or I have to travel at 4:30am the next morning.

Ant

well yes i know what you mean Ant , i do feel the same , just said actually to the guys here at work , although i do love this hobby , i,m loosing interest a bit , as this long period of clouds is not good for the hobby , anyway must not loose this thread . but i do understand

Rog

:lol:

I'de be really impressed if i got that image Ant! I know what you mean about the clouds though. I think everyone is getting a bit down about it. Although you know for a fact that as soon as parcel force picks up your scope for delivery the clouds will part and we'll have the clearest skies on record for the next month. Plus there are just as many clouds in the day to get in the way of a PST.

Ant.....That's a great image of M51.

Don't dispare mate! put your gear in the cupboard, leave it for a while.

My first love in life was Match angling-I very nearly became professional at it,I have over £7,000 in gear in my loft just waiting for the time when I can get back into it.(I had my driving licence whitdrawn by my doctor, not banned,whithdrawn, now registered Alcoholic-Have been clean now for two year's now just 10 month's to go,It's not just driving ,It's not being able to get a job--no money no restart!-But there it is,still have my gear still in my loft to fall back on.)

What I'm trying to say is,your interest will always be there,don't kick yourself for getting rid of your gear!

Chin up ,Mick G. :lol:

Astro as a hobby in the UK is like taking up water sking in the Sahara, it will rain one day. But we all live in hope, and it can be annoying. so far this year, I have had four good nights, two of which were spoilt by the Moon, as I had wanted to do some DSO's, and keep an eye out for aurora.

It paid of in the end, but it was a long wait!

Don't give up Ant, take a break, and come back refreshed. I think your imaging is great.

Naz :lol:

I can remember3 years ago when my first was born... I took loads of pics, some good, some c..p! I can remember about 3 or 4 which were absolute crackers ......and the HD failed......

I couldn't get them back ..Sent the drive to the I.T. Bods at work but no good....

I felt gutted.....and told everyone about the way I felt....Everone felt sorry for me except my boss..

He just said ...... Go and take some more...

Don't sell your kit mate...Just take some more...

First I've got to say that it's a great image.

Next I've got to say do what you want to do.

Next I've got to say that I like what you have been doing.

I can see that you're fed up with it and we understand that but the images are good. You lost some, thats really bad luck, happens to everybody, but you know what was there, what you were after. You did it, but were unable to share it. Doesn't mean you didn't get the pictures. Go get some more, and I hope your dissappointment fades quickly. Good luck.

Captain Chaos

Astro Ant, take a look at the image that I posted, that I'm chuffed with, and ask yourself th question - "was I doing good?" - from here you did great mate. Your image is not something that I would be fed up about, quite the reverse.

It is a FN good image despite your worries.

Captain Chaos

Archived