Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first 2 months in EAA - Imaging results with a dobsonian telescope

Tiago Ferreira

6 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Nice set of objects. It must be pleasing to have so many.

I have wide views to the sky, it's true. Many years ago i choose to run away from the big city and it was one of the best decisions i've made in my life for many reasons. 🙂

• Like 1

NIce work Tiago. I hope you manage to inspire more people to consider the EQ platform approach. When I first started I did actually think about a platform but wasn't sure it would work with my dob which is quite heavy (it also has a focal length of over 2m so not ideal!), but you're showing that for a medium size dob it can work well. I bet you'll get some great results with the planetary nebulae that are coming our way soon...

Martin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin Meredith said:

NIce work Tiago. I hope you manage to inspire more people to consider the EQ platform approach. When I first started I did actually think about a platform but wasn't sure it would work with my dob which is quite heavy (it also has a focal length of over 2m so not ideal!), but you're showing that for a medium size dob it can work well. I bet you'll get some great results with the planetary nebulae that are coming our way soon...

Martin

Thanks. A strong platform works well for EAA with a dob, even with a bigger one with the versatility advantage: 1 platform many scopes.