NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another month... Another named full moon...

skyhog

I'm thinking of starting a business selling Full Moons to large corporations.

So next month we could have McDonald's "Mega Meal" Moon. June could have Coca Cola's "It's The Real Thing" Moon.

I'm looking at tying up with my mate Elon, see if we can't project some logo's on the Moon's surface.

My business is still in the planning stage, but watch this space...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul M said:

I'm thinking of starting a business selling Full Moons to large corporations.

So next month we could have McDonald's "Mega Meal" Moon. June could have Coca Cola's "It's The Real Thing" Moon.

I'm looking at tying up with my mate Elon, see if we can't project some logo's on the Moon's surface.

My business is still in the planning stage, but watch this space...

Projecting the logos is just too hard.  He could just move some of the brazilians of satellites he's got to make the relevant images in front of the Moon.

James

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, johninderby said:

What no Mega 🤔😁

BTW did anyone notice today is National Superhero Day. 🙄

You mean you haven't been wearing your pants outside your trousers all day?!

James

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, skyhog said:

Sky news headline about the coming supermoon.... I take it every full moon now has to be of headline worthy significance.... 

There's a whole article on the ABC (Aussie) website, why it's called what it is, how to get the best photos blah blah.

36 minutes ago, skyhog said:

I take it every full moon now has to be of headline worthy significance....

Don’t get me started! It’s like named storms, pure marketing hype to get attention and fill some column inches

It’s a full Moon.

It’s a bit brighter than normal.

Have a look and enjoy it, like you do every month!!

Blah blah blah... 🤪🤪🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

It’s like named storms, pure marketing hype to get attention and fill some column inches

The Met Office freely admit that they're naming storms so they get publicity with the intention that people will pay more attention and take whatever measures might be appropriate.

Then for some reason they go and give them names like "Storm Doris".  Who's going to be worried about Storm Doris?  You might as well call it Storm Chuckles.  Now, Storm Attila or Storm Genghis would have me panic-buying enough tinned food for a month!

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

"...It’s a full Moon.

It’s a bit brighter than normal.

Have a look and enjoy it, like you do every month!!..."

Chance of just being able to do that would be nice @Stu
<cough> clouds in every delivery <cough>

🙃

• Like 1

Just now, blameTECHIE said:

Chance of just being able to do that would be nice @Stu
<cough> clouds in every delivery <cough>

🙃

Yes indeed! It’s a bit rubbish isn’t it, though I think the forecast for the weekend is a bit better?

• Like 1

@Stu I totally agree. The weather is similar. Eg when I was a kid winter weather was just, well, winter weather. Now it’s a polar vortex, beast from the east, cold wave, snowmageddon… I’m sure there’s more. And that’s before you get to summery weather.

And yes, according to the forecast we are in for a dry, clear-ish  period for at least a week from tomorrow. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JamesF said:

The Met Office freely admit that they're naming storms so they get publicity with the intention that people will pay more attention and take whatever measures might be appropriate.

Then for some reason they go and give them names like "Storm Doris".  Who's going to be worried about Storm Doris?  You might as well call it Storm Chuckles.  Now, Storm Attila or Storm Genghis would have me panic-buying enough tinned food for a month!

James

You never met my aunty Doris , obviously.

Heather

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

You never met my aunty Doris , obviously.

Not Doris "The Gripper" Brown, known throughout Warwickshire for her generous disposition and the warmth of her chinese burns?!

James

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

Not Doris "The Gripper" Brown, known throughout Warwickshire for her generous disposition and the warmth of her chinese burns?!

James

No, more fearsome than that, Doris was from the Yorkshire branch of the family ...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

No, more fearsome than that, Doris was from the Yorkshire branch of the family ...

Not "Deadly" Doris Wainright, whose weapons-grade dumplings brought fear to the heart of many a child waiting in the school dinner queue?  At least until that unpleasant incident with the pink blancmange, anyhow.  Personally I think she was innocent, but it is true that Mr Groyne the PE teacher was never seen again.

James

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pixies said:

When is Bom-a-bom-bom ba-bom-a-bom-bom ba-bom-a-bom-bom ba-dang-a-dang-dang ba-ding-a-dong-ding Blue Moon?

You'll be standing alone for that one.

James

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

Not "Deadly" Doris Wainright, whose weapons-grade dumplings brought fear to the heart of many a child waiting in the school dinner queue?  At least until that unpleasant incident with the pink blancmange, anyhow.  Personally I think she was innocent, but it is true that Mr Groyne the PE teacher was never seen again.

James

Pink blancmange ? PINK BLANCMANGE ? Th' doesn't know tha's born !

Doris used ter dream o' pink blancmange while boiling tripe ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PeterStudz said:

Now it’s a polar vortex, beast from the east, cold wave, snowmageddon… I’m sure there’s more.

I think it was when the started talking about ‘weather bombs’ I knew all was lost! 😱

Blue Moon is fine, but just once in a....

Harvest Moon, equally fine.

Blood Moon? Hmm, starting to push it a bit, just an eclipse surely?

Pink fluffy super duper Moon, or whatever it’s called? Nah thanks.

• Like 1