Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 - 114 mins

AbsolutelyN

8 minutes ago, Paul M said:

That is a really nice image. Some fantastic detail in the bridge that I've not noticed before.

Thanks Paul. First time attempt at using deconvolution and it worked quite well to enhance small details. It's been one I've always avoided as looked too complicated 🙂

• Like 1

That's rediculous...ly good Tristan!  Only 114 minutes?  Brilliant.

Great processing too - you seem to have extracted all the detail and the faint stuff too.

Edited by geeklee
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

That's a cracker! Love it 👍. Especially for only 1 min exposures... Sometimes you just can beat aperture! 

Thanks Craig. I often prefer working with short exposures as much less to go wrong with guiding or clouds or wind gusts with it being like a sail.  I do wonder if I just hit on good conditions here as it did not seem clear, just hazy but perhaps still atmosphere.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Very nice Tristan - love the colours and the detail. M51 is one of my most favourite things to image. I need to point my RC at it next time it's clear - and dark!

Adrian

Thanks Adrian. I think this scope will keep me going for a few months ... look forward to seeing your galaxy season results.

• Like 1