NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Lanarkshire

jacko61

Hi. Thought I'd introduce myself.  

I've been interested in all things 'space' since watching the moon landings on our very fuzzy black and white telly in 1969. My interest in Astronomy took a back burner when I hit my teens and girls, rock&roll and beer took over but my interest was rekindled when I bought my son a cheap alt/az refractor about 20 years ago.  Shortly after, I invested in a Meade LX55 10" SNT that served reasonably well for a few years until I 'upgraded' to a Celestron advance GT / C8 SCT.  Around 5 1/2 years ago we moved out of town to a rural location with no street lighting so I could observe in near pitch black but I wasn't happy dragging the tripod out of the garage so I've been building a roll off roof observatory with an Altair astro Pier so I now have a more permanent set up. - Just got the roof on and thinking about power and insulation. I'm also planning to upgrade the mount to a Skywatcher EQ6-R pro early in the new year so I can then get a bigger OTA and start figuring out how to use a cmos camera for imaging.  

As I'm in Scotland, dry, clear nights are few and far between so I also spend weekends playing Bass in a hard rock band and do a bit of gardening during the day although I still work for a living.

Graeme

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...