NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all.

messier 111

6 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Hello and welcome.

3 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Lounge :)

Steve

thanks 

3 hours ago, banjaxed said:

Hi and welcome to SGL.

thanks 

11 minutes ago, Dave Lloyd said:

Hi there and welcome. 

thanks 

5 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

Hi, welcome.

Is that "figure out how this website works" or "figure out how astronomy works"?

Do you have any specific areas of interest?

Do you already have equipment?

hi, 

thank you ,
I'm trying to figure out the site, for astronomy it's not bad.
As for the equipment, I have a 102 ed and a 120 ed with Delos eyepieces.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, messier 111 said:

hi, 

thank you ,
I'm trying to figure out the site, for astronomy it's not bad.
As for the equipment, I have a 102 ed and a 120 ed with Delos eyepieces.

OK. Well you've obviously found the welcome forum, there are some stickies there, and I expect you've found other forums by activity area.
The "Activity" drop-down gives you access to several useful views and filters, such as threads that you have started and those that you have posted in. You can choose to follow individual posts and members, which will appear in standard views ("my activity streams"). You can even convert your own searches into bespoke "custom streams" that will appear in the same menu.
If you prefer push notification to passive checking, you can even turn these into RSS feeds, and include them in an external news reader.

If you're interested in buying second hand gear, you might want to keep a close eye on the For Sale/Swap section - there are sometimes good bargains, but they go very quickly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

OK. Well you've obviously found the welcome forum, there are some stickies there, and I expect you've found other forums by activity area.
The "Activity" drop-down gives you access to several useful views and filters, such as threads that you have started and those that you have posted in. You can choose to follow individual posts and members, which will appear in standard views ("my activity streams"). You can even convert your own searches into bespoke "custom streams" that will appear in the same menu.
If you prefer push notification to passive checking, you can even turn these into RSS feeds, and include them in an external news reader.

If you're interested in buying second hand gear, you might want to keep a close eye on the For Sale/Swap section - there are sometimes good bargains, but they go very quickly.

thank you very much for all this information. It's very appreciated .