Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_3.thumb.jpg.30e9b298c34c80517e8b443ce153fce3.jpg

The Horse, The Flame and Alnitak


MarsG76
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello Astronomers,

I managed to get some time to process another of my images exposed in January/February.

This was the last image when my USB port on my Astro40D failed. This happened while imaging this scene but it happened toward the end of the imaging plan so I got almost the subs that I wanted. The total exposure time was 16 hours and 16 minutes in ISO1600 for all of the subs, RGB, (OSC through the UV/IR Cut filter), HAlpha and OIII.

Imaged through my 8" SCT at f6.3, 1280mm FL on the CGEM mount.

Clear Skies,

MG

 

Horsehead HaO3RGB JanFeb2020.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/06/2020 at 00:03, MartinB said:

Some lovely detail in that image MG

Thank you.. I find it hard to get the crispness I'm after when imaging at this scale.. 1280mm (or 2032mm) focal length need impeccable seeing and atmospheric stillness to get crisp subs.... the best guiding accuracy that I have ever seen on my mount was 0.38" but this image was around the 1" mark...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Thank you.. I find it hard to get the crispness I'm after when imaging at this scale.

Great picutre, l love to see the detail in NGC 2023- it looks 3-D which is great. It is worth trying to add a little bit of sharpen to help with crispness. As long as it isn't overdone, it will tidy up the focus.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By MarsG76
      I managed to get some time to process another of my images exposed in January/February 2020.
      This was the last image when my USB port on my Astro40D failed. This happened while imaging this scene but it happened toward the end of the imaging plan so I got almost the subs that I wanted. The total exposure time was 16 hours and 16 minutes in ISO1600 for all of the subs, RGB, (OSC through the UV/IR Cut filter), HAlpha and OIII.
      Imaged through my 8" SCT at f6.3, 1280mm FL.
    • By lalou
      Hi! I've recently acquired a new Astromodified Canon rebel XT and I've tried to take pictures of nebulas using it but I've noticed that there are these weird black artifacts that keep appearing in my images. Would like to know if anyone has experienced this before? Or are these dirt/dust specs on the camera, filter, and telescope glass? I've attached some of my edited and raw pictures for your reference. The black artifacts can already be seen in the raw image of the horsehead nebula and after stacking I think it got amplified. Anyway, advance thanks and I hope everyone's doing well.
       

    • By alexbb
      I've been processing this image for quite a long now.
      I started acquiring data the last season when I only managed to shoot 3 panels with the Canon 6D through the Esprit 80 for a total of ~7h.
      This season I restarted and I added more data and covered a wider area. So a mix of portrait and landscape panels were planned and shot with the same scope and camera. Now every pixel represents at least 3-4h of integration, some have more.
      All the above were shot from Bortle 2-3 sites where I traveled sometimes even for an hour of exposure.
      To the RGB data I added 17.5h of Ha, same story with the panels. Some were oriented N-S, others E-W. These were shot with the SW 72ED and the ASI1600 from home and Bortle ~7.
      Then I figured out I still had time and I planned and shot 9 more panels of luminance with the 72ED and ASI1600, each consisting of 1h of exposure.
      I combined all of these into an image, processed it and for the Orion nebula and Running Man nebula I also blended some data I shot last season with the 130PDS and ASI1600 from home.
      Below it's my first final version of all data combined. You can watch it in full resolution on astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/full/jni0w8/ or Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/2iBGUXq
       

    • By Bajastro
      1. Alcyone (Eta Tauri, η Tau, 25 Tau) in the Pleiades open cluster, spectral type B7IIIe+A0V+A0V+F2V.
      This star is a multiple system, but my goal of observation was the H-alpha profile of the main component:

      Horizontal axis scaled to radial velocity:

       
      2. Pleione (28 Tau, BU Tau) also in M45, spectral type B8Vne, variable star, the brightness changes in range: 4.83 - 5.38 V. 
      This is the faintest star, which I observed with using APO 107/700 & Low Spec spectrograph 1800 l/mm. 
      It was difficult, but obervation was positive (high gain, exposure time 4 min):

       
      3. Tianguan (Zeta Tauri, ζ Tau), spectral type B1IVe+G8III: (mark ":" according to the VSX database means uncertainty).
      This is an eclipsing binary with variability type E/GS+GCAS, period is 133 d. The brightness changes in range: 2.80 - 3.17 V.

       
      4. Cih, Tsih (γ Cas), spectral type B0.5IVpe, variable star with a magnitude range of 1.6 to 3 V:

       
      5. Alnitak (Zeta Orionis, ζ Ori), spectral type O9.5Ibe+B0III. Variable star with a magnitude range of 1.74 to 1.77 V.
      Spectral lines have characteristic P Cygni profile, below H-alpha:

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.