Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Worcester

Richy P

Hi folks, been looking around and stumbled upon this forum. I'm looking to start my journey into astrophotography, I have a little experience with photography in general and up until recently ran a small drone photography business. I have always been fascinated by the night sky and I'm lucky enough to live in an area with relatively low light pollution. I have been able to capture some fairly decent shots of the moon using my DSLR and a basic tripod. But I've always wanted to head deeper into space and look at Nebula and Galaxies etc. 

I've landed on a HEQ5 Pro mount as it seems to come highly recommended and it looks like the mount is where the money should be spent! I just need to figure out scopes now and whether or not I can use my existing DSLR (Nikon D3300). Then there's the small challenge if sneaking all this past the wife! :)

DSC_0908-01-01.jpeg

I know what you mean, my first scope came less than two weeks ago. The second scope came last week. Took a little explaining. 

Welcome to SGL and your new addiction 😆

• 3 weeks later...