Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope comparison

The Zennox is a 76mm newtonian with a 700mm focal length. The brand is not associated with quality instruments really.

The Skywatcher is a competant telescope from a respected brand with a good quality primary mirror of 130mm in diameter. For a start it will gather more than 300% more  light than the 76mm Zennox which is a huge advantage for astronomy.

If you can move to the Explorer 130m or something like it, I think you will find observing a whole range of objects a lot more rewarding.

• Like 2

The 130mm has a much bigger mirror and I suspect the Zennox is a spherical mirror and not a Parabolic one which makes a big difference when it comes to focusing the light to the eyepiece.  The mount on the Zennox looks pretty rudimentary so it's not a stable base from which the telescope can do its thing.  This is not so important for visual work but is still a factor; a wibbly wobbly mount is no fun to use.  The focuser will be of a lower quality too and may have flex and slippage making it harder to achieve nailed on focus.

Agree with @John - for a modest extra outlay the 130M will be the far more satisfying scope to being your astronomy adventure on and will be one you probably keep forever because it's a great 'pick up and go' scope.

Another in agreement with @John.

I admit it... I used to own something similar. It was the shortest owned 'scope I have ever owned and used. I gave it away for 'free' to a neighbours son. I had got more enjoyment from using a 40mm/40x Tasco refractor.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, i would like to ask why'll im here, what is the best for home use? I know its a broad area but i would like to know what i should lead up to with point and look

Read this first --->https://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes.html

A few questions...

1. What is your budget?
  2. What do you intend to view?
  3. Are for fit and healthy? - some 'scopes can be bulky and you may find it difficult to move/setup by one person.
  4. Where are you going to store the 'scope when not in use?

2 hours ago, Gsc1ugs said:

Thanks for the advice, i would like to ask why'll im here, what is the best for home use? I know its a broad area but i would like to know what i should lead up to with point and look

If you are looking for a "proper " first scope that is very capable on Luna, planets , DSO then I would be looking at a 200mm reflector. Something like a SW 200 Dob, will not only be a good starter scope on a reasonable budget , but will last year  years without the need to upgrade IMO for some considerable time. These scopes do come up at very sensible money used on the SGL sales site, so maybe worth keeping an eye out for one.

I hope this helps