NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help identifying my telescope

Hello there all, it's my first time posting, and I could really use your help.

I've had this scope for about 10 years, and got it when I was very young (3, 4). I'm trying to clean it as dust has gathered, and I can't search if that is possible online, as I don't know what it is. It's in the image with a 14.5 cm diameter, about a metre long, and takes a 12.5mm eyepiece. It has no markings and was purchased in New Zealand. Can anyone help me identify it?

20220624_175709498.jpg

It could be anything. Is there no label on the tube that gives a clue?

You don't need to know the make in order to clean it.  The question is, what parts do you think need cleaning? With any telescope of this sort, shining a torch on the mirrors will highlight any dust and make them look horrible.

If you do remove either of the mirrors you will need to understand about collimation in order to get it working after you reassemble. I suggest you reaearch that before you touch anything.

This is probably close to your newtonian and there is a link to download the manual as well. 

https://www.scopeuout.co.nz/collections/nova-optics/products/nova-130mm-eq-newtonian-reflector-telescope

Here is a great guide to help you understand collimation of the telescope. 

https://www.astro-baby.com/astrobaby/help/collimation-guide-newtonian-reflector/

It’s a Newtonian reflector telescope of either a 130 or 114mm diameter mirror. It looks like it has a considerable length of tube probably around 900mm. This makes it around f6-8. Read the booklet that @Gabby76 has provided the link for. I wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor.