Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Az gti to eq gti. Eq panda

11 hours ago, shirva said:

No hassle to me using Ascom and synscan,, and everything works OK,, was a astronomy experiment 😁 one for developers to look at,, I'm happy with what I have working and does exactly what I want it to do,, worked out better than raspberry pi 4 set up. 

Go back to FLO see if they can help as thats where you bought the USB adapter  - they say it works (as the email said) - they maybe able to find a solution or apply pressure  - if you really want EQMOD in this case.

Also drop a line to Sky Watcher there developers will sometimes help IME although as its not the App that is causing the problem dont hold your breathe !

You now have a working Grab and Go as you wanted so sometimes you "bend in the wind".

As R26Oldtimer says everything and more works fine with the Synscan App method.

I dont think EQMOD will get changed on Windows and I beleive EQMOD on Linux is Patrick Chevalley's rewrite so different!

Now just a real test with some clear skies.

🙂

I'm really happy with what I have,, my goal was 

Portable set up, easy set up

Remote desktop with software I like, this has been achieved with using the lattepanda,, better suited to me than the raspberry pi,,

(no offence to anyone using this,, I bought all the gear and tried it,, so it's my personal opinion the panda suits me better) 

The cable hasn't been a bad buy from FLO, it has allowed me to connect mount to the panda and with the synscan on the panda I get to control the mount, camera focuser all from a remote desktop on my laptop,, I'm chuffed,, cut down on portable equipment and not needing a pile of cables to laptop. 

If the guys at flow have a look into it,, great,, if they and cable manufacturer come up with a solution,, fantastic,, will improve sales and give us folk another toy to improve our hobby. 

The project,, was something to try during lock down,, and it kept my mind off what is happening around the world, we all have came across a new danger to our existence on the planet,, this has been something to try,, get folk talking on this group and my own,, the forums have been quiet,,  folk trying new things is good,, if it helps the hobby great,, 

At ieast it gives folks new ideas,, maybe even save money,, 

Stay safe folks,, I'm back to work on Monday after being in lock down for five weeks,, 

But already looking at next project,, what to use two raspberry pi4 4gb boards on, 

Raspberry pi have released a new camera for £50 and it might be something to try in astronomy,, Gina and a few others are looking at its possibilities. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work @shirva, looks like great progress. Just rebuilding one of my Lattepanda's and on the cusp of ordering a AZ-Gti!

IMG_20200511_170529.thumb.jpg.b67e53ae93efe7bd05ef491ba2fdc36e.jpg

Edited by Guest

Thanks,, I would recommend getting the higher spec one with more ram ect,,   this was just a learning curve to see if the lowest spec would work,, and it does but I would like to see how a better spec one would do the business,, getting one with 4gb of ram would be interesting,, still waiting on my case coming,, and allow me to try it out more, 

I should perhaps mention I will not use it for plate solving initially but as a wired SynScan replacement and for Sharp Cap polar alignment that could be expanded for further functionality. Particularly interested in utilising the Arduino breakout board as well... 

IMG_20200512_091344.thumb.jpg.61d0aeba2160353b5b5b4d8e4975130c.jpg